N/A Motor Build - 700 rwhp???

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factoring in the minimum 400 pound difference between the 2 trucks (Reg. Cab vs. a Quad Cab), your numbers are correct based on both trap speeds and on r.w.h.p. comparisons, and equate to a 50 horsepower difference. As in Post # 111 above- there is an approx. 50 horsepower difference between properly ported Gen IIIs and a cam and a stock set of Strikers and a cam.

FIFTY horsepower is quite significant.

After a Gen III N.A. build is complete (with well ported Gen III heads), where would you find an additional 50 horsepower and at what cost (either monetary and/or drivability sacrifices)?

I asked myself that, and for me it was an easy decision.

Ronnie

Cost was the prohibitive factor for me. My complete build was under $6k. I'd have probably spent twice that if I went with the strikers since I was paying a tuner to do the work.

$6k for 50 hp wasn't worth it to me. If I did my own work like you I may have went the other way. ;)

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My car ran flawless just the other day at laguna seca, lap after lap. Again this is with Jeff Morey stage 3 ported heads, milled. These are NOT THE STRYKER HEADS. Gotta thank DC Performance again for the cam + head package they did. The car was fast as hell on the straights, and coming out of each corner..

You must be registered for see images attach

RapidRonnie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool; yes Jeff does a great job porting HIS OWN DESIGN heads..;)
Those heads do work really well...

Great shots of your car...I'm generally not a fan of the black wheel thing, but they really suit yours and look great!

Ronnie

Last edited:

dragon rider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is one mean looking GTS bushido. I'm glad to know that it possible to reach 600 rwhp with a heads and cam package on GenIII motors. Gives me something to look forward to. I'll leave 800+hp cars to the guys and gals with bigger kahuna's than I. LOL

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's good to read this discussion has taken a real
good turn more applicable to the original intent of this query.
I was more interested in knowing the posibilities of attaining those high N/A motor figures by a few resourceful and gutsy and well funded individuals. My motor build will still press onward of course with both managing costs, maximizing reliability and making good hp in mind.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Good luck on your engine build, Todd and Mike are great guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21