N/A Motor Build - 700 rwhp???

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what my dyno numbers are :D. I hate dyno's. I think they are great for tuning and nothing else. We don't race dyno's. Good luck with the build. I'll be very curious how it comes out in the end.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what my dyno numbers are :D. I hate dyno's. I think they are great for tuning and nothing else. We don't race dyno's. Good luck with the build. I'll be very curious how it comes out in the end.
VERY WELL PUT.

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just like you said....Dyno numbers "are great for tuning", and great tuning is one way to get great track times!

of course i agree there are many things dyno's cant do to determine a track time either.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since this thread went far left or off course...lol

i dont get how a 1/4 mile track tells me anything. hear me out...

i cant 1/4 mile to save my life. if me and onebad leave the line, he has a perfect launch, runs perfect thru the traps. i spin my tires, bog, get off the gas, get back on halfway down the track and then get going. trapping just horrible.

how does that prove his car is more powerful / faster. it just proved on that run it was.

give 1fast400 a bone stock miata and me a TT GTS, he's likely to beat me, doesn't mean his car is more powerful / faster.

IMO, a MILE race is better or a highway pull from 60-160 or more. THATS more about the cars power than it is the drivers ability. not to mention 1/4 mile is not fun at all :)

apologies to dipapa for continuing this stupidity

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generally, regardless of spinning/traction, you'll MPH will be semi close. As an example, walk your car out 200' on a 1/4 mile track before getting on it, the top speed won't be that far off, but obviously the ET will.

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah! I'm not into trap times either and that not what this thread is about.

Got a motor to to move on with. It be good to hear more about that technical stuff.

I'm meeting with Todd at his shop Friday to talk more details.

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Generally, regardless of spinning/traction, you'll MPH will be semi close. As an example, walk your car out 200' on a 1/4 mile track before getting on it, the top speed won't be that far off, but obviously the ET will.
Exactly as they are simply not understanding this concept.Guys ET is a biproduct of traction and driver ability .MPH at the end of the quarter mile (TRAP SPEED )is ABOUT THE POWER THE ENGINE IS MAKING.

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell do some hijack posts?

Go post your own trap speed & drag time thread and make some friends there

hey they just may worship your ride!

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
since this thread went far left or off course...loli dont get how a 1/4 mile track tells me anything. hear me out...i cant 1/4 mile to save my life. if me and onebad leave the line, he has a perfect launch, runs perfect thru the traps. i spin my tires, bog, get off the gas, get back on halfway down the track and then get going. trapping just horrible.how does that prove his car is more powerful / faster. it just proved on that run it was.give 1fast400 a bone stock miata and me a TT GTS, he's likely to beat me, doesn't mean his car is more powerful / faster.IMO, a MILE race is better or a highway pull from 60-160 or more. THATS more about the cars power than it is the drivers ability. not to mention 1/4 mile is not fun at all :)apologies to dipapa for continuing this stupidity
Plum if you and a pro took your car to Englishtown and you both ran it down the quarter through the gears a few times with the power your making i would venture to say the car would trap ABOVE 140 MPH (GIVEN YOU MODS )provided you had the drivers ability to simply take it thru the gears your trap speeds would probably be within a few mph of one another.What would differ greatly would be the elapsed time in which the run was conducted .Years ago Don Nace (who is a prof drag racer )myself and Darren Buhler (excellent driver )took my Gen 2 to Englishtown and it was cold .Don is excellent on slicks(HE A PRO ) but i ran Pilots =TOTAL DIFFERENT BALLGAME .He ran 12.2 at 129.complaining could not get the car to hook( .Buhler gets in the car and runs 11.2 at 130 .The car was traveling the same mph at the end of the quarter it just took Donny a full second more to get there.When i say a trap speed is the ultimate judge of an engine true power level it is because there is absolutely no way in the word your car could produce the mph at the end of the quarter mile without the power its making .Moreso has a program on its website in which you simply plug in the weight of your car and its trap speed and it gives you a true power number.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why the hell do some hijack posts?

Go post your own trap speed & drag time thread and make some friends there

hey they just may worship your ride!

Why are you building your car? You want to build a car with more HP, but for what reason? Just so you can show a dyno sheet that says look at what I can do? Your story is just odd. The questions you are asking, any tuner who has built anything along these lines, should already know. Whole thing just seems a bit odd.

At the end of the day, there is a reason there aren't a lot of big hp NA vipers. Something to think about.

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why are you building your car? You want to build a car with more HP, but for what reason? Just so you can show a dyno sheet that says look at what I can do? Your story is just odd. The questions you are asking, any tuner who has built anything along these lines, should already know. Whole thing just seems a bit odd.

At the end of the day, there is a reason there aren't a lot of big hp NA vipers. Something to think about.

Does not the performance world live for "look what can be done"? Would not this site be so much more intersting if we all had the same color Viper. C'mon dude!

Can't just be another cookie cutter on the block!

And F the dyno right now...its a metric. Back to practicality. It will be a real bitchin car!

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly i could not agree more IF YOU HAVE A TUNER WHO HAS DONE THIS BEFORE he should know exactly what parts combos will net you what on this PAPER TIGER you want to build . YOU ASK OPINIONS and ADVICE BUT IGNORE THE TRUTH. The way your going about this is as following you will spend OVER 30K on this motor from some tuner who does not know what parts combos to use (drop it in a car thats worth 35 k no matter how much you spend on this motor)to produce a dyno sheet that MIGHT SAY 6oo WHATEVER to the tires(to impress your pals ) and the very very first guy who BLOWS YOUR DOOR OFF AT THE TRACK YOU WILL BE HATING LIFE .Been there done it spent it many times since 1993 as 1 fast 400 said there are not a lot of people that have gone NA for the reason that after you reach a certain point its EXTREMEY COSTLY for the diminishing returns you will achieve but what do you car you will have a dyno sheet.LOL i will save you 15-20 grand forward me only 15 k and i will have my buddy who owns a dyno shop print you up a dyno sheet that says whatever number you want to impress your friends either way it will work out the same at the track and you will save money.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does not the performance world live for "look what can be done"? Would not this site be so much more intersting if we all had the same color Viper. C'mon dude!

Can't just be another cookie cutter on the block!

And F the dyno right now...its a metric. Back to practicality. It will be a real bitchin car!
Its not done untill you take it to the track and the track performance matches the dyno sheet .

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem to be ignoring many people that are replying to YOUR questions. Are you prepared to spend 50k on a build which may get you where you want to be?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You seem to be ignoring many people that are replying to YOUR questions. Are you prepared to spend 50k on a build which may get you where you want to be?
So true yet this guy just does not understand.Let me tell you this guy would be a picture perfect set up for a certain TEXAS TUNER we all know.Think about it he has money to spend but really does not care if the actual performance of the car is that outstanding AS LONG AS HES GOT THAT DYNO SHEET.That certain tuner may have left out a FEW parts the guy would have paid for and was supposed to get but i will bet money a GREAT DYNO NUMER would have appeared.

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After thinking on it. This makes no sense. Sell your car, buy a Gen 4 and be done with it. Throw a few mods to the Gen 4, you'll have a comfortable ride, with a warranty and better looks. You'll also be able to get out of your car if you ever want to. I have a viper that would cost around 140k to duplicate from scratch. I'd be lucky to sell it for 75-80 in this market. You shouldn't make all your decisions based on selling down the road, but it should be part of the consideration.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After thinking on it. This makes no sense. Sell your car, buy a Gen 4 and be done with it. Throw a few mods to the Gen 4, you'll have a comfortable ride, with a warranty and better looks. You'll also be able to get out of your car if you ever want to. I have a viper that would cost around 140k to duplicate from scratch. I'd be lucky to sell it for 75-80 in this market. You shouldn't make all your decisions based on selling down the road, but it should be part of the consideration.
I emailed him the above as well.My BONE STOCK Gen 4 was every bit as fast (11.3 at 129.7 very limited runs )as my Modded Gen 2 and was a ton more streetable with a full warranty.It does not make sense unless its some teenager playing on daddys computer.

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A&C on the motor and Greg Good on heads, cam, intake. The parts and labor list is just about complete and cost reasonable... not nearly enough humility by a few fellows on here to publicize any more info.

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sad part of it all is while you might think of us as the Fn Angry Mob the fact of the matter is we are here trying to help you.I hope your pricing is good (dont know how good it could be since untill a few hours ago you did not even know what parts or services were going in the motor .)because near 17 years of experiance with this direct topic tells me that you in for a big suprise.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS out of shear curosity (i would be thrilled to death to see the build sheet provided you know what one is and your getting one )Could you post it .

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sad part of it all is while you might think of us as the Fn Angry Mob the fact of the matter is we are here trying to help you.I hope your pricing is good (dont know how good it could be since untill a few hours ago you did not even know what parts or services were going in the motor .)because near 17 years of experiance with this direct topic tells me that you in for a big suprise.

Dont need your help.

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be good to hear more satisfied customers on their motor build!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why would you set the paxton aside instead of putting it on and saving tens of thousands?

I was originally contemplating keeping the Paxton and VEC3 and building the motor, upgrading the fuel system, heads, adding methanol for 900rwhp which would actually cost more than the all motor 650-700rwhp setup ( remembering I got credit for sale of my Paxton and vec). Most importantly, I decided 900hp was not what I was looking for. I wanted to use the car much more, ( I found myself not driving as much with the blower) have more long term reliability, finally get rid of the el cheapo pistons, have a bit larger motor, be different, and just my personal interest to get away from forced induction power since I have had owned other turbo cars. Hopefully it's gonna be a nice A&C performance 521 stroker, 10:5 for 91 oct, SCT cutom tuned by Todd Abrams, with a much better oiling system for 6500redline, Greg good heads, 350cfm, considerably larger valves, stiff beehive springs and moderately aggresive hydraulic cam.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The above typifies my exact point as iam sure he does build the highest dyno numbers out there BUT that does not always mean that translates into the fastest ACCELERATING car at the track.For all the DRY SUMPTED SOLID CAMMED GTSR BLOCKS ECT OUT THERE the fastest time ever recorded on pump gas is a Lpe stroker HYD cammed stock head castings Gts.

DUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuddddddddeeeeeeeee,

CHILL OUT ON THE TIME SLIP THING AGAIN!

Vipers are FAMOUS for ROAD RACING, not DRAG RACING.

When Dan Cragin builds an engine, guess who actually builds it.......

Exotic Engines, that's who.

this whole time slip thing is dependent on the driver, the track, the temp, the weak links in the car that the owner may not want to put money into etc..... no shop or tuner is going to guarantee a timeslip or trap speed, dyno's are how you measure, there are less variables

OP
OP
D

dipapa

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone said Exotic Engines moved to Reno? Are they still in business but not in Temecula, CA?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21