N E W C O U P E

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just heard from VOI via telephone .....

New Coupe has arrived !!!

Blue with white stripes. I am told that it does not look like a Comp Coupe but it also does not look like an SRT10 with a hardtop ?!

So what does it look like?

Hopefully someone will post pics tonight.

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: N E W CO U P E

From what I can see it looks good. I would like to see more shots from the side and rear though. High-res pics and stats are always good too.

VIPER52USA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the pictures really aren't all that great. They look like they were taken off a cell phone. But I gotta give credit to the person who took them, their the only ones on the net.

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am disappointed in not seeing an air scoop on the roof and no prominent rear wing, otherwise it's what I expected from what I can see in the pictures on the alley. Here is the link, what do you guys think from these limited photos?:

Glad it's real.

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It sure looks that way. I'm glad there isn't a rear wing. Let those who want one put one on aftermarket and make a special edition with a wing like the GT2.

AlbertFattal

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was hoping the front would be much wider and there be a roof scoop or at least a double ****** top. And I would like more agressive vents on the hood.

What I think makes a supercar what it is, is the unique features that other cars don't have. For instance the GTS had the headlight measuring bubble integrated into it that is caramel colored. They need to add in more unique touches to make it more "art like" because it obviuosly has the performance down.

Al

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Taking another look, I still think DC should just simply copy the roof scoop on the competition coupe and put it on the new coupe. I need mine with a roof scoop, it's a must!! The wheels are nice but they would look better if they were chrome, unless they are intentionally like that because they are magnesium?? Brake calipers look awesome of course underneath. The rear is stubby and too upright from what I can see so far, not like they GTS well rounded and smooth. What do you guys think?

Needs more unique touches as Al already stated.

Good night.

Samurai75007

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I cant but I herd them talkin when they were backing it back down the ramp that its same engine and everything. so 500 but I cant confirm anything.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was hoping the front would be much wider and there be a roof scoop or at least a double ****** top. And I would like more agressive vents on the hood.

What I think makes a supercar what it is, is the unique features that other cars don't have. For instance the GTS had the headlight measuring bubble integrated into it that is caramel colored. They need to add in more unique touches to make it more "art like" because it obviuosly has the performance down.

Al

What pics are you looking at? It does have the GTS double **** roof.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

As announced by our friends at Dodge... THE NEW CONCEPT COUPE!

Here You Go Guys! Awesome!:

14side1.jpg

14front.jpg

14side.jpg

14fs.jpg

14rear2.jpg

14Rear.jpg

OP
OP
V

VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the pics.

First impression is that while it looks okay, I am not blown away. In my humble opinion, they better put up some good hp numbers to add to it's appeal as well as stay ahead of the bowtie.

Comparing a genII GTS with this car stock for stock - I know the new car is faster, handles better and brakes better but in my opinion, the GenII GTS looks better. Power, brakes and handling can be fixed.

I think DC just saved me a bunch of money.

TOP GUN

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In the rear, are those aerodynamic body panel inserts hanging down in black or are they exhaust pipes? I am guessing the former because it has side exhaust. I think it looks more functional and productionized than exotic and agressive(I've already given my two cents above on what it's missing), but still it's fine looking. The wheels could be 1 inch bigger to fill up the wheel wells more. What do you guys think?

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That rear is ugly! It doesnt flow with the car at all. I honestly dont think the rear of the new coupe should look like the GTS. It should look similar to the CC without the wing.

MIKE-HKS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

wow wow wow i been wating so long to see how that snake was going to look and i will wait till 2006 if i have to
holly sh$$ttttttt that is bad asssssssssssssssssssssss

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think it looks cool, but they should have run the rear glass a little farther towards the rear of the car.

Any word on pricing?

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like it! Looks like DC has been listening to everyone who said the GEN II has better styling. WAY TO GO DC. Now lets put about 600HP in that baby and rock!

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was hoping as all of us were for a street version of the Comp. Coupe. It is not bad looking but not as in your face as the Gen. II GTS was. I will buy one but would have liked a more agressive look both front and back.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Am I crazy, or does this thing look like it has a trunk? Look at all the seams in the rear. More seams in the front (no clamshell), which I expected, but I did not expect all these seams in the rear. At first I was excited, but after seeing all the pics, I'm not impressed at all. I think the Gen II looks WAY better. Why couldn't Dodge just do this? Is there ANYONE that doesn't like the GTS-R concept over this new concept? BTW - This car looks incredible with or without the wing and roof scoup.

2089Viper_GTS_R_Concept1.jpg

2089Viper_GTS_R_Concept2.jpg

2089Viper_GTS_R_Concept3.jpg

patgilm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, I have to say I'm not too impressed either. I was really excited to see it looking similar to the GTSR concept above. Unfortunately I'm a little disappointed. It looks like a Gen III front merged with a Gen II rear. Why oh why?????

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have to agree on the back end but I still like it. Add skirts, lower it, and I'm there

Here it is lowered a bit

sidelowered.jpg

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've always favored the side view of my GTS over the SRT. I still think the curvacious lines of the old clamshell hoods gives our cars a better profile. The rearward curving lines just seem to "flow" better overall with the body.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235