NACA duct and vents -- how much?

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone care to rough estimate the paint/bodywork labor required to add a naca duct and 2 vents to a hood?

My 96 RT has the "blanks" for the vents/duct already in the hood (since it was shared w/ the GTS) so it's a matter of cutting and putting in the dutcs.

I have a GTS front nose already.. might as well give the face a little agression
wink.gif

MM

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MM how much longer until your car comes back? did they ever find the guy in the SUV?? hope all goes well, and yeah the ducts would look MUCH more aggressive

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 more days! Down to the wire.... get married this Saturday (wow...time flies)!.

They botched up the police report at first, but we got it all straitened out. 19 year old kid, fathers car. No word if he's going to be charged or not... but his insurance has been found and USAA is taking care of it.

I interviewed with a CPA a few days ago.... and it went VERY well. Manager was a big mopar fan... so we talked vipers for about half an hour
laugh.gif

Looks like I will be keeping the car for a while, as I have some investment interest from a close friend, who is already in the automotive biz. Hope to get the first batch of the cockpit covers sold when I get back, and the 4 Quick Top soft-tops get sent out to certain VCA folks for testing
smile.gif

James

Vindicator

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My hood is in the process of gettin' done, as I speak actually....

I put the 2 over the wheel vents in, along with a center vent from Auto Form. All I have 2 say is, man its alot of work!!!! Maybe because of what I requested, but my body shop is spending alot of time on it. I'll post some pics L8R.....

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vindicator:
My hood is in the process of gettin' done, ask I speak actually....

I put the 2 over the wheel vents in, along with a center vent from Auto Form. All I have 2 say is, man its alot of work!!!! Maybe because of what I requested, but my body shop is spending alot of time on it. I'll post some pics L8R.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you have a 96 RT? The reason Max is asking, (like me)
his 96 hood had the slots already molded onto the hood.
This should cut down the labor time. Either way, show us the
pics when its ready.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas