NARRA Contingency awards........

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can not find anywhere on NARRA's wedsite about the contingency programs. Are they still awarding tires from Hoosier and product credits form Go-Pro, Sunoco, etc? In GT and TT with contingency sponser decals on your car of course and if you win your class. For 2012 NARRA had the info posted but what about 2013?

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So far for TT its just tires.

For GT its tires as well, not sure if anything else though.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the.........

They have posted absolutely no info on this. They are changing the schedule after the season has started. Comon man, NARRA is slippin.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoosier is out. Pirelli is the tire this year.

Like VIPER GTSR 91 said, it was announced at the first NARRA event at TWS

Did they say for sure that Hoosier was not involved. Just because Pirelli is in does not mean Hoosier is out. Last year Michelin support Viper Cup racing while hoosier was still involved with TT and USGT cars.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: I called Hoosier and they in fact are not supporting a NARRA contingency this year. Disappointing radio silence on the matter from NARRA and no further info on the Pirelli deal. This, along with NARRA's impromptu schedule changes is going to prompt a change in my schedule as well.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as no penalty is given for Hoosiers thats ok with me. I'm already set for the year.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pirrelli is indeed the tire sponsor for the USGT championship this year at NARRA events. The tire contingency format has been taken directly off the email I recieved this morning.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013.​
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Pirelli, JX2 Performance Group and
NARRA team up for US GT Championship and SRT Viper Cup, and offer impressive contingency for Whelen USTTC.

> Pirelli named Official Tire of the North American Road Racing Association​
> Up to 6 sets or 24 Pirelli tires awarded each weekend in Whelen USTTC​
> JX2 to supply Pirelli spec tire for US GT Championship and SRT Viper Cup​
> Trackside service and support provided by JX2 includes onsite tire engineers

You must be registered for see images
A number of US GT Championship racers have already been using Pirellis due to their performance and durability. Photo by NARRA.
Pirelli has been named 'Official Tire of NARRA' as
JX2 Performance Group becomes the exclusive tire supplier to the US GT Championship, Whelen US TimeTrial Championship and SRT Viper Cup.

Under the multiyear agreement, JX2 will supply Pirelli tires to the US GT Championship and SRT Viper Cup, and will reward competitors with generous contingencies for running Pirelli tires purchased from JX2 in the Whelen US TimeTrial Championship.

"We are extremely proud to be aligned with JX2, a leading US racing tire distributor, and we are thrilled they have offered Pirelli as the tire of choice," said NARRA General Manager Rob Morrison.

"Pirelli is one of the world's largest tire manufactures, and one of the most recognizable and reputable brands in motorsport. Aside from being the official tire of the Formula 1 World Championship, Pirelli is synonymous with GT racing, having become the predominant tire for GT series around the world.

This puts NARRA's US GT Championship competitors on the same family of tires used in the FIA GT1 World Championship, European GT3 Championship, Australian GT, as well as World Challenge and the Ferrari Challenge here in the USA.

Furthermore, a number of competitors in the US GT Championship, including the likes of Eric Curran already run Pirellis and have commented on the exceptional performance and durability of the tires, so we couldn't be happier with this choice.

Having a quality spec tire creates a level playing field for all drivers and takes the unknowns, and expense, of tire choice out of the equation.

To encourage new USGTC and SRT Viper Cup entrants, a one event grace period will be offered, so they can 'try before they buy' into the series and the control tire."

Whelen US TimeTrial Championship competitors will also benefit from the deal, even those who raced at this month's Texas event.

"Not only will bonus championship points be offered to Whelen USTTC participants using JX2 supplied Pirelli tires, but up to six sets or 24 Pirelli tires will be awarded each weekend," announced Morrison.

"As a gesture of goodwill JX2 has agreed to make this contingency retroactive to include the recent Texas World Speedway event, regardless of the tires people ran.

This means 12 Pirelli tires have already been won by first and second place getters this year in the Whelen USTTC.

This has to be one of the most impressive time-attack or time-trial contingencies ever offered."

In many cases drivers will even be able to collect their contingency tires immediately from the JX2 trailer at an event.

In addition to dedicated trackside service and support from JX2, tire engineers will be on-hand to assist competitors at NARRA's next event, April 12-14 at Road Atlanta.

Tires can be ordered by calling JX2's dedicated NARRA hotline, (866) 325-5426.

Further details and a summary of the agreement between JX2 Performance and NARRA are listed below.

2013 Whelen US TimeTrial Championship
JX2 Pirelli Tire Contingency (per round)
> 2 tires for 1st place, 1 tire for 2nd place, provided 5 or
more cars compete in class
> 2 tires for 1st place in classes where 2-4 cars compete
> This contingency is per round, meaning up to 24 tires
can be won each weekend
> 10 bonus Championship points to all competitors
using Pirelli Tires supplied by JX2
> Contingency retroactive to Texas World Speedway
event regardless of tire run
> Awarded tires must be for car entered, and if stock
permits can be collected at track

2013 US GT Championship and SRT Viper Cup

> One event grace period allows new racers to try series
before buying tires
> Spec tire to create fair and level playing field
> Aligns USGTC with national and international series also
running Pirelli tires including European GT3 Championship,
Australian GT and World Challenge
> Pirelli product has already been race proven by a number
of USGTC competitors
> For each round competitors must run on same set of
tires in qualifying and race

General Details
> Pirelli named Official Tire of NARRA
> Trackside service and support provided by JX2 includes

onsite tire engineers
> Pirelli tires must be pre-ordered and purchased through

JX2 to be eligible
> Tires available fit wheels up to 13.5 inches wide

Any additional questions can be answered by going directly to the NARRA website. www.NARRAonline.com

See you at a race track near you soon.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Loudin, you are a very good driver as I watched you at TWS when I was competing in TT!. Sorry about your mishap and I assume the damage was expensive but looked like John Archer and team was all over it thru the night in repairs. You drove it like you stole it and I admire your skills. Best of luck thru the rest of the season. Mark

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've often wondered if anyone works at NARRA. I've had questions sent to their
email address & i rarely receive a return email. Last email i sent, a reply took longer than expected.

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark,

Thank you for the complment. The fix wasn't too bad We had the car back on the track the following weekend at Road Atlanta testing the new Pirrelli tires. We have done a lot to the car to "wake it up" over the off season. Last year we were in GT-2, this year GT-1 which opened up some oppertunities.

Frank, if you are not getting answers then call. The phone numbers are on the website. Kim is usually very good about calling people. Come back out and have some fun with us.

Steve
USGT #007

tomfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This is a copy of a press release that SRT has sent out regarding the 2013 schedule and Contingency awards for the SRT Viper Cup.

I have condensed it so it only shows the information regarding schedule and contingencys.

Sanctioned by the North American Road Racing Association (NARRA), the SRT Viper Cup Series in 2013 will run as a distinct class within the NARRA USGTC races. In addition to Road Atlanta, other venues are Watkins Glen (N.Y.) International (May 3-5), New Jersey Motorsports Park (June 7-9), Pittsburg International Race Complex (Aug. 16-18), Virginia International Raceway (Oct. 2-5) and Sebring International Raceway (Nov. 22-24). Each venue will host two races during the weekend. The American Le Mans Series will also be competing at the 3.27-mile VIR road course during the same weekend.

Drivers will be competing for more than $50,000 in cash and prizes during the season and will receive free entry for each of the 12 rounds of competition at the six venues.

Mopar returns as a partner in the series and is joined by Arrow Racing Engines to sponsor the contingency program. The top-five drivers at each race will earn vouchers toward engine rebuild parts and labor supplied by Arrow Racing Engines through Dodge Motorsports South. Also new for the 2013 season is a spec Pirelli tire. The National ****** Cancer Coalition continues as the official charity.

The revised contingency program for the 2013 season includes:

SRT Season Championship Cash Awards
1st -- $10,000 2nd -- $5,000 3rd -- $3,000

Mopar Voucher Awards (per race)
1st -- $1,000 2nd -- $500 3rd -- $250 4th -- $200 5th -- $200

Arrow Racing Voucher Contingency (per race)
1st -- $300 2nd -- $200 3rd -- $125 4th -- $75 5th -- $50

Please give me a call if you have any questions.

Tom Francis
SRT Motorsports

tomfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry I left out the most important contingency SRT will be picking up the entry fees for the Saturday & Sunday race events for the ACRX cars.

If you own an ACRX come out and play with us we have a great time!

Tom Francis
SRT Motorsports

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi tom, can i just show up with a bare bones stock acr-x? or do i need specific apparel and tires? acr-x # 37....

tomfrancis

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper Cup rules would apply but if you have not made any modifications to the car since you purchased it you can race it in Viper Cup you would only need to race on the Pirelli tire.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a way to save big bucks on entry fee. I know i can't even afford the $ 800.00 entry fee for USGT series. If you have
an ACRX get it to the track, you'll save at least $ 800.00 per event. Now we just need to have cash prizes in the other classes.
If i'm spending $ 800.00 with a chance to win money in an non ACRX car i'd have new incentives to spend the $ 800.00 for entry fee,
Diesel Fuel, Towing, Hotel now become a business expense instead of an advertising expense.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets