NASSAU COUNTY HIGHWAY PATROL,,,..A -HOLE....

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I am riding along in the Viper actually doing the speed limit, 60mph on the LIE around exit 39 around 2pm, had to run to the bank. I pass two patrol cars hanging on the shoulder with their radar guns pointed at traffic, I pass them both at 57mph, when I see them both pull out and start weaving to catch up to me. Both are behind me and flash the lights, I signal and get off highway and pullover and shut the car down.He says"I am pulling you over because your tints are too dark, let em see your paperwork." So he pulls his toy out to test my tints, I have 1% tints by the way, and tickets me for that and my back plate was covered with a plastic shield . 2 BS tickets, F...U haters. I gave the registration to 5 of my other cars before I FOUND the one for the VIPER. Hater,,,thats my vent for today..

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That ***** dude. Dont get me started on cops who get sit on interstate all day and play with radar guns. Personally I'd rather see them doing something PRODUCTIVE like chasing real criminals. But catching murderers, rapists, etc. doesnt bring in any money so they'd rather write BS tickets.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But 1% tint. Are you saying that the tint blocks out 99% of the light??? If so how can you drive it? Hopefully that was an exaggeration.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
In a way, you can look at the various state's Highway Patrols like revenue generators-
They exist primarily to shake down the citicens, and make them pay fines to support the bloated government.

Criminals? Uh, they don't bring in revenue...But giving traffic tickets to the middle class is a cash-cow....

BTW, thanks go out to all the good cops out there, I've met a few.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't get it ... they were really bored. I am wondering what would they do to a Canadian Viper. I don't even have a front licence plate. Injustice is part of life, you have to accept it.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Vic. And yes, there are some good cops out there. but like everything else, the bad ones ruin the image for the entire group. If police forces refocused their efforts on crime stopping instead of being a revenue supplier for the city, I think their image would improve substantially.

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with all the sentiments above but I'm just curious, are your windows really 1% :eek: :eek: My windows are at 15% are they are really dark.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe that 5% is "limo" tint. I can't imagine a 1% window tint. You would have to layer a 5% and a 20% film. In VA, 50% on the front side windows (barely makes a difference) and 35% in the rear is legal.

Window tint never killed anyone. It's too bad the darker tints are illegal.

DrDJ

OP
OP
B

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, the tints are 1% percent..=) WAYYYYYY DARK. My GTS is black and the windows look painted. You have to put your hands up to the glass on a sunny day in the summer to see through it..Twice I have been stopped and both readings came up 1%. BOTH COPS SAUD DAM, THATS DARK!!!!! OH well, I will keep paying the BIG MAN.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, pulled over right next to my girlfriends school. DAMN! What were you doing there????? LOL! I know how cops can be. Don't let it get to you. Got harrassed the first year ******** with the car.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should probably be grateful that they didn't write you up for being 2 MPH over the speed limit!

Good you didn't loose your cool. Coulda been far worse if you did.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry but everyone on here is kissing your ass. You are a criminal with that type of tint. I would rather see a task force put together weeding out drivers like you than putting terrorists behind bars. Did you honestly think you would get away with it? Maybe a little jail time would make you see the light through that tint...............................

:D

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should probably be grateful that they didn't write you up for being 2 MPH over the speed limit!

Good you didn't loose your cool. Coulda been far worse if you did.

You should be glad as City said that they didn't write you for any moving violations. I'd be happy with any bshit ticket after getting pulled over.
It seems that you get your balls busted over the **** your ride add ons more than anything else. We recently saw 4 troopers pull plastic tint off someones license plate at captree and give out tickets for that. They think you may have something you are trying to hide when you have anything tinted. Especially since cops have been shot in the past because they couldn't see the gun pointed at them on the other side of the tinted glass. It always ***** getting pulled over but it could have been much worse with moving violations, remember its their word against yours and its their ballgame.

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's stories like this that pretty much limit my use of the Viper to the track.

I got pulled over a couple of years ago on my way to the hospital to treat a patient that had just arrived with a ruptured intracranial aneurysm. I ran a yellow light going 50 mph in a 45 zone. The cop pulled me over and I said I knew I ran the (yellow) light, but I was in a hurry secondary to an emergency at the hospital. 35 mintues later he gave me my ticket, and I was in an f'n Toyota Corolla! That patient did poorly, by the way... If I would have been in my Viper, I probably would have gone to jail.

It's not really a free country if you drive an exotic or semi-exotic on the street these days.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not really a free country if you drive an exotic or semi-exotic on the street these days.
The good old :usa: used to symbolize freedom but has been replaced with
You must be registered for see images

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when i worked in farmingdale, i was pulled over by nassau police and harrassed for having a tinted rear plate cover on a CUSTOMERS car. then kept asking why I was driving the car. all i was doing was getting gas 1 block from dealership.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Wayne may have a bit of history with getting jacked up by cops judging from previous posts? Maybe your cars marked you nogoodnik... :)

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL 1% I would of told them it was a black curtain over the glass and you have not figured out how to open it ;) ;) :p

OP
OP
B

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL. VERY TRUE. Way to many run-in's with THE MAN lately... 1.Stopped at 135mph.
2.Blew by unmarked at 110mph
3.Felony stop in my SUPRA, racing a Viper rt 10, Lambo and Dinan M5
4.1 other which oddly enough THE MAN just faded away in the rear view mirrow..hmmm
GOD I MUST BE CRAZY TO WANT A TWIN TURBO KIT ON THE VIPER.......

OP
OP
B

BOGOTA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously I am kidding, none of this happened, been watching to many movies like Gone in 60 Seconds..So any one reading this should know, not true, and one day would like to own a hot car like a Viper. You grown ups are great. Till then, I am late to class,,