Need 2 tires !!

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How do the p zero rossos compare to ps2's? How come nobody ever talks about the p zeros? My lambo had p zeros on it.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
355/25/19 P Zero Rosso... Anyone?

Id look to switching to the PS2's. There a great tire and sized right. The Pirelli in a 355, is just a hair wider, not much at all, but the tire is 1" shorter then stock. That cant be helping your traction. Just a thought.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id look to switching to the PS2's. There a great tire and sized right. The Pirelli in a 355, is just a hair wider, not much at all, but the tire is 1" shorter then stock. That cant be helping your traction. Just a thought.

I just switched from PS2's to Pirelli's. I cannot believe the traction improvement. The tech who mounted the tires took the car for a test drive after the installation and was amazed at the added grip. He told me over the phone before I picked up the car that it would be like driving a different car. He was right! Apparently the Pirelli's have a softer compound allowing the improvement, bad news is obviously they are going to wear faster than the PS2's. I'm not sure of the numbers and test data, but going by 'seat of the pants', there is no comparison. If you know someone with Pirelli's, try taking the car for a test drive, you're going to love it.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So your saying pirellis p zero neros have more traction than ps2s?

tirerack only lists 2 sets of tires for the viper, ps2's and Michelin Pilot Sport ZP (runflats), why don't they list p zeros?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So your saying pirellis p zero neros have more traction than ps2s?

tirerack only lists 2 sets of tires for the viper, ps2's and Michelin Pilot Sport ZP (runflats), why don't they list p zeros?

They dont make the Pirell's in the proper size for the Viper in 18/19" for the SRT.
And my buddy had Pirellis on with a Paxton, noticed huge improvement with the PS2's. To each their own, everyone has different opinions and driving style.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Might want to check with parts rack. I think they get there stuff through tire rack so maybe check there. I just ordered the pzero's about a month ago in a 345/25/20 but they were sent to forgeline to be mounted so i can not comment on them yet. Good luck

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Trying to compare a new tires performance with an old tires performance isn't apples to apples.

PS2's are superior to Pirellis on our cars. The tread wear rating is the same, the Pirellis have a shorter sidwall, are shorter overall and are an older design (compared with the new 19 inch PS2 OE Viper tire).

Dan

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just switched from PS2's to Pirelli's. I cannot believe the traction improvement. The tech who mounted the tires took the car for a test drive after the installation and was amazed at the added grip. He told me over the phone before I picked up the car that it would be like driving a different car. He was right! Apparently the Pirelli's have a softer compound allowing the improvement, bad news is obviously they are going to wear faster than the PS2's. I'm not sure of the numbers and test data, but going by 'seat of the pants', there is no comparison. If you know someone with Pirelli's, try taking the car for a test drive, you're going to love it.

Wow, so you let the tire guy test drive your car ?? :omg:

I would have explicitly explained NO joy rides. Glad you got that one back undamaged.

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In every tire test Ive ever read, the PS2s are the top of the line and the Pirelli P-Zero Rossos are in the middle of the pack. I have heard good things about the new Pirelli P-Zero (not the Rosso, just P-Zero) but it doesn't come in many sizes yet.

Flash

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats the problem...Jon B can gt me P Zero's....(not Rosso) in a diff size (taller). I really would like the same size...

If you have the stock wheels....18/19" , then go with the PS2's. You will be very happy. It is the same tire they are using on the 2008 Viper. It works very well and has good feedback when your really pushing it.

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, so you let the tire guy test drive your car ?? :omg:

I would have explicitly explained NO joy rides. Glad you got that one back undamaged.

Actually, as stated, it was a tech, not a "tire guy". Since he has 3 Vipers of his own I assumed he could handle the challenge . . . . :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960