Need a carfax guys

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The report is good.98 viper with 11489miles reported in Jan.Had a lien,passed emissions in VA.No known problems at all. If you want copy, let me know.

cratica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to make sure people are fully aware that carfax does not report many problems. Many wrecked vehicles these days are not reported wrecked. There are thousands of totalled vehicles that have a clean record. I fear that too many people put faith in this system. It dosn't work. I learned the hard way and that's why I'm writing this reply. I found a car I wanted (turbo eclipse) and it looked brand new. Before I bought it, I went home and ran a carfax, came back perfect and showed original mileage to be correct (it was low) by noting the services and registration and what not through the history of the car. Anyhow, after driving it for a little while I noticed a lot of problems and took it to the shop. They showed me where the car had been totalled, frame bent, pulled out in an attempt to repair, bent suspension parts, etc... The right side of the frame was shorter than the left. They said it would never be a good car no matter haow much money was spent on it because there was so many ripples in the frame.

And the carfax was clean as a whistle.

Best advice is to have a viper tech thoroughly go over the vehicle.

Good luck.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are absolutely right.However, there are some of us that have to buy a vehicle at a distance,and sometimes you dont have the time or luxury to have the car checked out in person. The system isnt perfect, but it is a lot better than it used to be.Personally,I use 4 services to make a decision(when I cant have the car inspected) and carfax is one of them,but it is only part of the process.Sometimes, even after on site inspection,there are things we can uncover from a historical report.JMO

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I want to make sure people are fully aware that carfax does not report many problems. Many wrecked vehicles these days are not reported wrecked....[snip]

Was that a *********?!?!?!?! I think it was!!! For the record I'm the official anti-carfaxer around here bub! There's only room for one Wreck Soapboxer on this here forum.... ;)

On a serious note though, that VIN has no records on my logs either so it's probably fine. Remember - statistically 12.4% of all vipers have been totaled and so far only 1.2% of those have been offically documented. This club is filled to the brim with guy willing to look a car over for you, just in case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4