Need a little Help: Raising Car on KW V2's

car-hor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased my first Viper and had some questions on the KW coilover setup the previous owner installed on it. Basically, the car is maxxed out on the drop and, while it looks amazing, I could sure use some additional clearance driving around these piss poor Houston streets.

I'm going to make the ride height adjustment with the help of some good friends, but was wondering if I need to make any damper/rebound adjustments to make the car handle correctly? I like the current settings and feel the car drives very well. I'm planning on raising the car up 0.5" all around (utilizing 1" of the coilovers 0.8"-1.5" drop range). Currently, I think it's been lowered 1.5" because that's the max per the specs I see on KW's site.

I'll need to have the car re-aligned as well. If you know of a good place in Houston to take it to, please let me know.

Here's some pics of the car; I'm told it was Tucker's old VOI....
http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/1127/photos/982832

I appreciate any help you might be able to provide!

Michael

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats Tuckers old car. Just shoot him a pm Im sure he will help you with the info you need. Search on here for TUCKER

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming the main question you're asking is whether or not to adjust the rebound damping. If you raise it up, you certainly will gain clearance to loosen it up a bit and get a little softer ride if that's what you're after.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I already know how to raise it. See you in 2 weeks, when I get back from offshore. Will can also help, if I'm still gone.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 1.5-inch lowering spec can easily be exceeded-- the spring adjustment range is such that you can drop 'em all the way down on the bump stops of the shock. It is, of course, not recommended to be set that way! From the pics I would guess your car has been lowered at least two inches, if not more. Beautiful VOI9, BTW, and a Paxton too!

OP
OP
C

car-hor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike,

I already know how to raise it. See you in 2 weeks, when I get back from offshore. Will can also help, if I'm still gone.

Thanks Tony! You're a good friend. I was just trying to see if I need to make any rebound/damping adjustments to make the car perform right once I raise the car up a little.

OP
OP
C

car-hor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm assuming the main question you're asking is whether or not to adjust the rebound damping. If you raise it up, you certainly will gain clearance to loosen it up a bit and get a little softer ride if that's what you're after.

That's was my question, sorry for not asking it correctly. I'm happy with the ride quality so I'll just leave the current dampening/rebound settings the same once I raise it.

OP
OP
C

car-hor

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The 1.5-inch lowering spec can easily be exceeded-- the spring adjustment range is such that you can drop 'em all the way down on the bump stops of the shock. It is, of course, not recommended to be set that way! From the pics I would guess your car has been lowered at least two inches, if not more. Beautiful VOI9, BTW, and a Paxton too!

Thanks Sonoman! Car looks insane but I want to be able to drive it and not just look at it in my garage....lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang