Need a Wiring Diagram

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I know I could spend an hour searching for this, or spend 2 minutes and just ask.

I'm looking for a wiring diagram for a Gen III Viper's Anti-Lock Braking System. I just want to see where all the wires that go into the module unit COME FROM. There's four speed sensors, some sort of "speed sense" input, and hots and grounds.

If anyone has a book they can scan and send me, I'd really appreciate it. I have access to AllData Online, but for some reason it doesn't show ANY diagrams for 2003 or newer. I of course have a 2000 and all the manuals for it, but that doesn't help me. I ONLY need the ABS diagrams - nothing else. I won't make this a habit.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Speed Sensor signal is an output from the ABS module to the JTEC...

That is basically an analog output that the JTEC uses to put vehicle speed onto the bus, the CCN cluster then uses that bus signal to drive the speedo.

1 GROUND
2 RIGHT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL
3 RIGHT REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR 12V SUPPLY
4 --
5 PCI BUS
6 RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL
7 RIGHT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR 12V SUPPLY
8 FLASH ABS
9 FUSED B(+)
10 FUSED IGNITION SWITCH OUTPUT (RUN)
11 VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL
12--
13 VEHICLE SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL
14--
15--
16 GROUND
17--
18 BRAKE LAMP SWITCH OUTPUT
19 REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL
20 REAR WHEEL SPEED SENSOR 12V SUPPLY
21--
22 LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL
23 LEFT FRONT WHEEL SPEED SENSOR 12V SUPPLY
24 FUSED B(+)

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No one has a diagram they can scan? I'm not sure where the "PCI BUS" and "FLASH ABS" signals go/come from. I want to see where the wires to pin 11 and 13 actually come from - all the way through the system.

I'm working with another member to try and determine if a Gen III ABS module can be integrated into a modified Gen II (2000) Viper. I can get get wheel speed sensors, tone wheels, etc... But all the Gen II's have is a tranny speed sensor. I don't know if the Gen III module will accept this signal.

Jeff

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whoops... 11 is a no connect... somehow I double typed it.

The "flash" line is just that... it's the programming line for installing new software if needed.

The speed line is an output that is needed on GENIII... On your GENII it is not needed as you get vehicle speed from the transmission output sensor.

The GENIII simply used a more integrated system, the GENII is sort of redundant in that it had both wheel speed and transmission output shaft speed sensors.

You might want to find a GENII ABS unit as the ABS calibration would be meant for the chassis balance and brakes of the GENII rather than the III.

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothning in my Mitchell On Demand software. There are many procedures for diagnosing though. What is the problem? Have you pulled a code out?

OP
OP
J

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to silversrt for sending me some wiring diagrams and information.

Roadrunner - your tip was most helful - I didn't realize that the speed sense terminal was an OUTPUT - not an input.

The Gen III module is also built for bigger brakes, which my Gen II has - I realize that the Gen II might be more applicable, but the Gen III's are easier to come buy, and an inline proportioning valve could always be added, if necessary.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude