Need advice on 95 w/ellenger exhaust

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were the 95 Vipers made fairy well? Any serious negatives to look for? What about Ellenger exhaust side pipes, are they good quality side pipes?

Thanks guys
GR

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not heard anything negative, If you are looking for a great aftermarket exhaust.....I can vouch for the Roe Racing system. I put it on my 95 car with the recommendation of Chuck tator, and can not be more satisfied, plus if you add the Roe high-flo cats, the combination will not only increase HP/sound...you will decrease the interior cabin heat by about 50-75%....mine is so much better now. Good luck.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used my '95 for a daily driver for nine years, in the heat and rain of Orlando, two different Hawaiian Islands, and did really well in the calm of SoCal for years. I sold it with 61,100 on the clock.

I had the roe system sounded great!

412 RWHP 486 RWTQ with S&B filters and smooth tubes. Car runs hard!

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, also, the rear end was changed to a lower gearing for more torque. I've never heard about "Ellenger" or is it "Dellenger" side pipes?

It's got A/C, so I can assume the heat won't be too bad. More input is appreciated.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were the 95 Vipers made fairy well? Any serious negatives to look for? What about Ellenger exhaust side pipes, are they good quality side pipes?

Thanks guys
GR

I think you mean Belanger headers/exhaust - which is loud. I don't think any one year is worse than another, it's all in how the car was maintained. These cars require more regular maintenance than most other newer cars. Make sure all the fluids have been changed regularly. Other things that would need changing if original would be the tires, spark plugs, wires, and o2 sensors. The only thing negative about Gen 1 Vipers is that the head gaskets need replacing at some point - which can be fairly expensive.

OP
OP
G

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys, appreciate the advice. BTW, it was Bellanger catback side pipes with hi-flow cats, no headers, so it can't be to obnoxiously loud?