Need advice on a supercharger ???

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello hi i am viper lover and had a viper for 4 years and i need your professional advice, i want to fix a supercharger on my GTS Viper 1997 but the mechanic's over here are not that expert in fixing it so witch one is the most easy to fix and most reliable for weeded use and will it over heat the engine or damage it, i have installed some other madefaction like , Balenger headers , strate pipes exhaust , all cooling ext. and a K&N air intake>
is there is a way to take of the speed limiter it locks or limited to 285km. and it weekens in 4th and 5th gear !
i am located in Kuwait and it's very hot over here !
And i want to beat a 2006 zo6 badly he wins when i reach 200km :usa:

Last edited:

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have someone to install it over there that knows what they are doing??? Having it tuned properly is a major consideration when adding any blower.. Add an aluminum radiator too for cooling it down...Roe S/C may work for you. Sean will help tune it for you..You will need a laptop and Roe software, Roe PC card reader writer and a wideband and he can Email you a tune for your rig...this can turn into a nightmare with a bad tune..Good luck...AL

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blowers and high ambient temps are a bad mix. I'm not saying it can't be done, but as stated above your best bet would be a professional install and tune. DC performance or others may have further input. Please lose that giant font it's horrible.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have someone to install it over there that knows what they are doing??? Having it tuned properly is a major consideration when adding any blower.. Add an aluminum radiator too for cooling it down...Roe S/C may work for you. Sean will help tune it for you..You will need a laptop and Roe software, Roe PC card reader writer and a wideband and he can Email you a tune for your rig...this can turn into a nightmare with a bad tune..Good luck...AL

Amen to the above, and yes, reduce your font a little bit!! :smirk: You can contact Sean Roe at roeracing.com by email, or phone, ask for SEAN specifically, Dave is there also, but Sean knows more about your specific situation. I'm sure he can guide you thru this process quite smoothly. Good luck over there in Kuwait~~don't worry, your Viper will take the Z06, you just need a bit more 'tweaking'....our best to you. ~juli~

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a shot of nitros would be a better way to go. Runs cooler and much easier to install and sort out than a SuperCharger.

Roe has a great reputation, as well as Paxton, but they both benefit from an experienced tuner to get the most out of them.

Trick seems to be very conservative with them. Keep the boost or NOS low. Lots of issues arrive when people DIY and put on smaller pulleys or bigger NOS pills.

Speed limiter can be fixed with a new computer reflash from DC Performance in Los Angeles. You need to determine which aftermarket changes you will make, and they can send you a new computer that will optimize your performance. Be sure to tell them about your local temperatures and desire for high speed running.

Now go get that Z!

D

DAMN YANKEE

Dude, your a Saudi...get yourself over here and pick out a properly prepared car, get it built out and send it back to home and kick that Vette's butt...

I have to worry about the Saudis now too???
Come on you have a reputation to maintain....think $3.00 a gallon!
Man, next we will have you swapping engines in your own garage...like, like...like
the English....at least Baz brought over the Wizard.
The E-N-G-L-I-S-H do stuff like that, not the Saudis....You could have bought the company a day ago.....

What is the world coming to?

OP
OP
V

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you for all the advice it helped allot,

I think i am going with roe if its the easiest to install and program to,

My viper has all the cooling upgrades available in your market ,
Aluminum radiator, thermostat 170, big cooling fans, balanger exhaust.

but my main concern was the engine and if it breaks down there is no one that will even think to repair or rebuild it , and it is impossible to fine viper parts in the gulf region and when ordering parts from the us it will cost a big forchin with the Saudi tax and the shipping.

That's why i wanted some thing that's 99% hassle free problems!

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on your weather shown below, if you intend to drive the Viper all year, you should stay away from a supercharger. Even with your mods, heat and heat soak will severely reduce the benefit of the supercharger for at least five months of the Kuwait year. The supercharger significantly increases the temperature of the exhaust system. As Sean Roe once said to me, more air, more heat. You could wrap the exhaust but once you stop the car, the heat soak effect makes the sidepipes very, very hot. As previously mentioned, programming is crucial. Your air/fuel ratio must be correct for all RPM and temperature ranges. If not, you could experience engine damage or failure. A supercharger also adds weight to the front of the car. Keep in mind that this could effect traction. The Roe boost comes in at very low RPMs. The Paxton comes in at about 3200 RPMs. It would be less stress on your engine for around town, in traffic ,driving to go with the Paxton. The bottom line is that if I were you and I was worried about parts and repair, I would stay away from a supercharger. Good luck. The heat must have come already.

Bob

Located between the latitudes 28.45’ and 30.05’ north and between longitudes 46.30’ and 48.30’ east, Kuwait
is in the desert zone of the Sahara geographical region. The summers are intensely hot and dry, with daily
average highs ranging from 42 C to 46 C (108 F to 115 F) and often reaching over 50 C (125 F) in the shade.
The summers are long, lasting from late May until early October. Sandstorms and very hot winds in June and
July are common, and the air usually stays dry until August or September, when the humidity rises. From September to December, the temperature drops dramatically. The autumn months usually see
temperatures ranging from 15 C to 35 C (60 F to 95 F). Winters in Kuwait, which generally last from early
December until mid-February, are relatively cold. In January, the coldest month, average daytime
temperatures range from 5 C to around 17 C (41 F to around 60 F), with the nights remaining below 10 C (50
F). It is not uncommon for temperatures to drop below freezing on some occasions throughout the winter.
Winters can sometimes be very rainy, though most precipitation falls in the spring (from mid-February to mid-
May). Temperatures in the spring are pleasant, ranging from 8 C to 30 C (46 F to 86 F). Rainfall varies from 75 to
175 millimeters (three to eight inches) a year across the country. Although the average rainfall is 115 mm,
there can be wide variations; one year can see as little as 22 mm of rain (less than one inch), but the following
year can see as much as 370 mm (more than 12 inches). For more information on the average temperature in
Kuwait each month, see the Tourism section in Statistics.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am a back yard mechanic and I put the Paxton setup on myself. It is a bolt up system and does not need tuned when done. I had mine dynoed to test it out and their fuel managemant system works fine and there is not programing. Here is a link to my project progression.

http://imageevent.com/bolt/viperbuild

I would do it all over again!

Bolt

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt that the stock Paxton kit programming takes into consideration the extreme temperatures of Kuwait during five months of the year but maybe someone from Paxton or Doug Levin or Dan Craigin or Mike Jorgensen can jump in and state whether the stock kit programming for a Gen II is up to the job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery