need advice on purchasing body panels

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well viper community, I have some bad news...
I was involved in not one, but two crashes over the past month...
But the good news is I have an interesting story and I get to purchase some new panels, which I needed to replace anyhow, as neither of the accidents were my fault!

So before I ask for your advice, here is my tale for your entertainment...

Before I was involved in the first crash, I knew I needed to repair or replace my front bumper, right fender, and hood on my 2004 white mamba edition. I bought the car a little more than a year ago, and got an incredible price due to minor paint damage and some panel damage- the bumper had a hole underneath the passenger side, and the hood and the right fender had some pretty deep marring- it appeared that a tree or something had fallen on the car.
The first crash happened as such (this one is interesting, so pay attention for a good laugh :)) - myself and a friend went to a corner store to grab some drinks on the way to a car show, as we exited the store we see one of those huge ford f350 pickups backing up into the car- people on the street, including myself and my buddy start yelling at the driver but it was too late. The driver of the pickup then tried to drive away, and as I was taking down his plate he crashed into another car! I went to go talk to him, and the guy was drunk as hell and could barely speak any english. He got out of the truck, and when I asked him to cough up his license and registration, he produced a sketchy and clearly fake registration and had no drivers license! I asked him why, and he told me that he was not licensed to drive and it was his brothers truck. Some homeless guys on the corner, who were also drunk, started fighting with him (they didn't like that he was an illegal, which he actually turned out to be) After my buddy and I watched him get the piss beat out of him, we broke it up, and I told him how it was- cash or cops. He didnt have the money, so I gave him yet another chance- I told him I don't know if you are an illegal or not, but if you are I would seriously consider running. Someone had to pay for the damage and it wasn't going to be me. By this time, someone had already called the police, and an officer showed up, documented everything and arrested the guy. I try to order another bumper, but I guess dodge had to have more made, so I was stuck waiting.

The other day I was coming home from Boston around 7am, and in traffic another car just decided to back up into me, this time a lot harder. My right fender is split, my bumper completely destroyed, my hood cracked and my right headlight smashed.

So, sorry for the long post, hope you all got a laugh from the first crash story, but now I have a few questions if no one minds...

1. What should I do about paint? It is a white mamba edition, so I imagine the paint is not easy to come by or match...

2. What is the best/cheapest way of ordering the fender?

3. What is my best option for the updated srt10 hood? I know there are some fit issues, so if I go OEM whats my best option?

thanks in advance, please help me get my car back in action so I can take it out a few more times before winter!
-Roy

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the issues. Join the VCA, and then call Viper Parts of America where you'll get a discount as a VCA member. Probably at least one flashing ad at the top of this very post right now. Go with an OEM '08 hood and you'll have no issues with fitament.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that's a story!

So with the second crash, are you claiming off the other guys insurance company? With the damage that's been done your car may be a write off! I would call JonB and get some costings and advice ;) A new hood and wing could be rather expensive!

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper parts of America might even have one that is already painted in your color from the factory. PERFECT MATCH

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper Parts of America is the way to go they seem to have everything and you cant beat the prices or where the money goes!

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, there's gonna be more damage than just panel replacement. Under the panel is a support system that is probably damaged. plus, that second hit sure sounds like there could be frame horn damage and possibly radiator damage. i hope your having it looked at by a pro body guy. I'm suprised there was no airbag deployment.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The other day I was coming home from Boston around 7am, and in traffic another car just decided to back up into me, this time a lot harder.

I will be in Concord, MA and Boston during November. I guess I won't bring my snake. Too dangerous there. :omg:

OP
OP
R

ROYMAN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you, there's gonna be more damage than just panel replacement. Under the panel is a support system that is probably damaged. plus, that second hit sure sounds like there could be frame horn damage and possibly radiator damage. i hope your having it looked at by a pro body guy. I'm suprised there was no airbag deployment.

Yea there was some oil loss ... But the frame looks fine. Yea no air bag
Or anything, the guy was going 20 at most. I have one of the best guys in the state looking at it right now, hopefully it won't be too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187