need an engine management system now

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking at my options here.

motec is $2500. vec 2 is $1000.

i have heard that the motec is more versatile (sp?), but i am not going to care if the vec 2 gives me 725 hp, and the motec gives me 727 hp.

what do you guys recommend? thanks.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motec?

Going to be alot more than 2500, are you talking about AEM?

Your choice should be simple.

If you want
Traction control
best tune possible
nitrous control
boost control
etc
etc...

It should be an AEM unit, if you dont care about the many bells and whistles and want to save some money then get a Vec 2. The total savings should be about $1500.00, but do not kid yourself there is a very big difference between what the two units offer.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< but do not kid yourself there is a very big difference between what the two units offer. >>

that is what i have heard russ and from what i understand, you are correct. but my intentions for this car arent that "serious". i do not plan on drag racing or tarcking the car in any way. therefore, is $1500 worth the extra expense for someone like me and my intentions? i am just looking for an awesome street car and want to get the most out of THAT. i am thinking the motec in an unnecessary expense. ????

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
big-n-italian,
Check my thread "AEM vs. VEC2..." and mitty73's thread "Mopar PCM?" in the Performance Modifications Forum for some additional information that may help with your decision. Good Luck! :D

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A MoTeC is not $2500, a complete system with sensors, ignition etc is way more then $10.000.

acrdakota

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I'm not sure where your getting those prices. Even the AEM is something like $3500 for the whole setup, then you get it installed, tuned, etc. and $5k goes real quick. Double that for Motec.

Doesn't matter what you plan to do with the car, but how much HP you want to make. A well tuned AEM TT car will drive smoother than stock while making 4 digit hp numbers.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< A MoTeC is not $2500, a complete system with sensors, ignition etc is way more then $10.000. >>

REALLY? wow. looks like the vec 2 is for me for now. thanks guys.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth