Need gas cap for my GTS..

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Steve. My local dealer quoted me $126 today. I was hoping someone on the forum may have bought an aftermarket cap for their car and would sell a used one for less. I should have asked the question differently. I can also check with Parts Rack....

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an old OEM one but you'd have to polish it.....I replaced it because it was slightly pitted.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, the deal you cite above is about the lowest imaginable for an OEM part. The polished/refurbed OEM ones go from $500-nearly $1000 by reputable manufacturers.

Martin2000GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you looking for the polished metal cap that goes over the regular cap? Or are you looking for the plastic black cap??? $126 from is a steal if its the metal one that covers the plastic one. I had to replace the black plastic one once and I got it at auto zone , problem was I couldn't close the metal one because the autozone one was too high. So I think I ended up getting it at the dodge dealer. Def wasn't $126... Maybe $25?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love to know if that was the price for the aluminum cap or the $15 plastic gas cap as Martin questioned.

OP
OP
F

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
plastic cap is $20 but $126 installed with diagnostic tuning - since they have to 'reset' things to ensure there are no leaks....???