Need Help / Viper Security system / Car won't start

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purchased the car (2006 model) a couple years ago which had the viper brand security system. One of the remotes broke shortly after the purchase so I did not use it anymore. Was working on the stereo last year and removed a box that was under the console which was an adjustable piece used to set the sensitivity of the system. Yesterday, I was installing the ipod adapter (getting ready for the trip to VOI) and needed the small space to the right of the gas pedal and there was a box used for the security system. I cut the box out so now the car will turn over but not start. Anyone know how these systems are wired up? The box had 2 different sets of wires along with what appeared to be a vacuum line. A pic of the box is attached.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
N

netapp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I have the car back up and running. Lesson learned here. Never remove a black box that you don't know what it is!!!. Well, when I was installing the ipod box and messing around under the dash I kept hearing the old viper brand alarm sounding so I just assumed that the aftermarket black box went to that so I removed it. Don't know why the old alarm was acting funny but the black box I removed was the timing control for the paxton. I have reinstalled the box and car started, hopefully it will still run ok, the car is still on the lift so haven't been able to test it out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang