Need Link or Pics to GTS manual door release

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Friend has to move car, KeyFob not opening car. Need to explain how to get in through back window.

Reason I need pic is that the roll bar makes it virtually impossible to reach or see the latch. Just a pic would suffice. I thought it would be an easy internet search but NOTHING - I'm totally shocked.

Thanks
Tom

lane_viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Might be helpful, You used the key to open the glass hatch. I can stand next to the back wheel, and reach around to open the door using the emergency latches. This is how you would open the doors if the battery is dead. I have no idea if they work with the door locked though.

Good luck.

Doug show's how to manually open the doors with the latches in his quirk video.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, through the hatch is how you get in in all circumstances since the manual door release over-rides everything.

Only problem is roll bar is over the latch - there is room to operate the latch but now very difficult to even find and contort to operate.

You must be registered for see images attach

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As we discussed...so this is for the benefit on others...as one is pulling down on the mechanical release lever, one can bend the the lever either to the front or to the rear of the obstructing roll bar without breaking the lever. I have done this...as has Tom Sessions who passed the info along to me.