Need new tires (I guess?)

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im in need of 2 new rears....However, they do not make P Zero Rosso's any longer...So i have to get 4 tires (yea !) What tires are working well with the Paxton? Price for 4? Thanks John

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Nitto Invos, but mine are 19 & 20. I don't know if they make a 19 for the rear but mine stick good and wear well........

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
lemme look em up !! Thanks Fast

If you have stock rms, 18/19" go with the PS2's. Otheriwse some have been happy with the hoosier A6.

I have 19/20" so tires choices are few, but I still chose to go with the PS2, it just works so well.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Nitto Invos, but mine are 19 & 20. I don't know if they make a 19 for the rear but mine stick good and wear well........

Have you ever used the PS2's ? Can you provide a comparison of the PS2 vs Nitto Invo's ? 18's / 19's for a Gen III

TIA

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you ever used the PS2's ? Can you provide a comparison of the PS2 vs Nitto Invo's ? 18's / 19's for a Gen III

TIA

No I haven't tried PS2's, and I have nothing bad to say about them. How can one argue with all the positive feedback everyone gives them. Having said that the Nitto Invo is lower profile, and their the performance is great, I have 7K miles on them with little noticeable wear (I do have a Paxton and drive spirited so it isn't from not trying to wear them) and they handle great. Have you tried them?

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No I haven't tried PS2's, and I have nothing bad to say about them. How can one argue with all the positive feedback everyone gives them. Having said that the Nitto Invo is lower profile, and their the performance is great, I have 7K miles on them with little noticeable wear (I do have a Paxton and drive spirited so it isn't from not trying to wear them) and they handle great. Have you tried them?

I'm needing new tires for my '06 coupe. I'm not a michelin fan boy and my choices due to the sizes are somewhat limited. I've used nitto's on several other applications in the past and loved them. I'm just trying to get a comparison opinion from someone that has used / driven both on Vipers. I do know that run-craps definitely are NOT the answer.

I've had 3 catastrophic tire failures in my life, all have been michelin. I'm super anal about maintaining tire pressures and alignment, I don't run them less than 3/32, etc so I can take "user error" out of the equation.

If the nitto's handle as well or better then that's what I'll get. The extra life is a bonus :2tu: Your opinion is definitely a plus for nitto.

I know I'll probably get flamed for my opinion of michelin, but my experience with them has been ... well .. dismal.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm needing new tires for my '06 coupe. I'm not a michelin fan boy and my choices due to the sizes are somewhat limited. I've used nitto's on several other applications in the past and loved them. I'm just trying to get a comparison opinion from someone that has used / driven both on Vipers. I do know that run-craps definitely are NOT the answer.

I've had 3 catastrophic tire failures in my life, all have been michelin. I'm super anal about maintaining tire pressures and alignment, I don't run them less than 3/32, etc so I can take "user error" out of the equation.

If the nitto's handle as well or better then that's what I'll get. The extra life is a bonus :2tu: Your opinion is definitely a plus for nitto.

I know I'll probably get flamed for my opinion of michelin, but my experience with them has been ... well .. dismal.
Thats odd, but I dont doubt you. I on other hand have had problems with the Pirelli Rosso's on a few different cars. There sidewall seems to be very weak, prone to blow outs or sidewall bubbles from small pothole impacts. Many of my customers have been unhappy with Pirelli,so I switch them out to Michelins. Michelin is still probably one of the top manufacturers. I feel they are #1.

Alot of problems also come from tire shops ordering or installing a tire with the wrong load rating. Very important if you have several choice, to get the proper load rating for the weight of your car.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Im in need of 2 new rears....However, they do not make P Zero Rosso's any longer...So i have to get 4 tires (yea !) What tires are working well with the Paxton? Price for 4? Thanks John

I just ordered a set of pirelli's p-zero's. 275/35/19 and 345/25/20. I think tire rack has them in stock....:dunno:

OP
OP
P

prevnine11ownr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Spoke to Luke at tire rack...There is a HUGE back order on all of these sizes !! I finally found a vendor that had 2 rears just like mine ! Paid $600 a pop...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960