Need Quaiffe info for a GTS.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where can I get a NEW Quaiffe for a GTS and how much are they? What is involved in the install and is it gear specific or can I use the gears I already have? Thanks.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure about the tilton being the viper set-up. If I recall, FinalGTS might have a patent or an exclusive on the titon setup for vipers... He can chime in on that one...

But Craig Taylor (owner) is da' man. And Travis (head-cheese in sales) is also da man.

JD

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JD...What do you notice different about using a Quaiffe? Joe Donovan and Jon B have told me how strong they are coming out of a turn, but does it make a difference for us "straight line" guys? I know with 1500+ h.p., your not set up for "roadcoarse" and have probably done a "holeshot" or two....

scotty1982

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quaife installer.

Gentlemen,

I have been following your posts..and figure it is time to introduce myself here. I am Scott Young ( the real head -cheese in sales) with Taylor Race Engineering.

We have been doing Quaife installs into the Viper since 1999 or so.We do in the neighborhood of 40 per year.

Craig Taylor was very instermental in the development of the Quife in this application.And we have spent many hours perfecting our modifications that we do in order to make this a race proven installation.

We modify the stub axle bearing bores by machining circlip grooves.
This will retain the bearing on both sides ,and not let it walk about in the bore.Anyone who has had a stub bearing move and push out a seal will appreciate this.

We will then move to the stub axles.These will be modified so we can now retain the axle into the diff with AN hardware.This will eliminate the OEM wire retaining ring.

Please feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you have ant questions

[email protected]

Thanks
Scotty
Taylor Race Enineering

Reaction score
All I know is we could sell these all day long if they could be bought and installed for $2K!
We pay allot more than that just for the diff from Taylor, I guess you need to know someone... Joseph would you be willing to buy and resell these to me?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I know is we could sell these all day long if they could be bought and installed for $2K!
We pay allot more than that just for the diff from Taylor, I guess you need to know someone... Joseph would you be willing to buy and resell these to me?

Sure! The guys at Taylor have been fantastic to work with and I have sent a lot of people to them from the viper world. I'm happy to try to get a group buy going if people want. But I already have mine so I'd get nothing out of it.

Let me know and I'll contact Scotty and Craig! Scotty - Sorry about confusing you and Travis! My bad!

[Mark - if you were being sarcastic, please disregard. I was quite serious, though].

Joseph

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^
If the group buy price would save a nice ammount of money I would be interested in it for my little project.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took delivery of my new, (to me, 3000 mi) 06 coupe that has a Quaiffe. The car accelerates straight and pulls hard. Feels great. I am going to have PBJ install one in my '01 GTS while installing the new engine. Thanks for the info JD

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking into a group buy as we speak. Please PM me if remotely interested so I can gauge overall interest. As for pricing, etc... I don't have that info but i'm working on it for y'all.

more to come...

JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302