Need some advice on sc'ers and headers.

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Need some advice on sc\'ers and headers.

I am really enjoying this Viper forum. Lots of quality posts from Viper lovers who seem to know their stuff.
Sending my car down to Ted at Valaya Racing in a couple of weeks for first round of mods and recently made a deal on a slightly used Roe sc. This has "challenged" my already stretched mod budget. I am trying to decide whether to add headers now or not. I will have intake and B&B catback and know the headers will complete this part of the journey but do I "need" to do them? Any advice appreciated and header reccommendations welcome too.Thanks, John

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need some advice on sc\'ers and headers.

Roe supercharger faq 18

I have stock exhaust manifolds. Will the Supercharger be ok on my car?

A. Yes, but keep in mind they’re designed for a stock 488 cubic inch motor. You’ll be adding over an additional 200 cubic inches worth of air under boost with the Supercharger. The exhaust volume flowing through the pipes goes up with engine RPM. The stock exhaust should not be restrictive for low to mid range RPM use (idle to 4,500 RPM), but should be increased in size for best results at higher RPM’s.

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

John , Supercharger's love to breath..Any tuner is going to reccomend Header's with a Supercharger installation .
Is it mandatory no..But if ultimately your going to add header's you might as well bite the bullet now and have them installed with your ROE SC.

I'm not exactly sure what kind of gains Viper owners are seeing from headers..But I know on my C5 it was good for at least 20 RWHP.

Cheers

JEff

P.S By the way, that's a very nice INN you own ! I'll have to pop in on my next visit to Santa Barbara .

OP
OP
R

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sapphire-thanks for the info. Makes sense.
Blu-yeah, yeah, I knew someone would point that out!!Thats what Ted said too. BTW,thanks, but my inn is in Mendocino on the north coast-redwoods and vines. Will hook Viper owners up with a good deal and we have lots of unit with private parking and even a couple of luxury suites with carports. Come on up!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score

riverflyer,

Since its going to be at Valaya Racing, I would recommend that you go with Ted's custom made headers and hi=flow cats. You'll love the sound and your S/C'd engine will breathe much better.

If you're interested in 70mm throttle bodies and a vipermed airbox(both new), email me. [email protected]

OP
OP
R

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dave, If the headers go on, they will be Teds custom ones. I already have Roe hi flos and also sc kit is coming with vipermed airbox. Let me know about the throttle bodies though, as this would be a good time. Thanks.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't have added headers on my s/c setup. Gain is minimal. Big difference is get highflow cats or catless.

Gerald