Need some opinions...

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a steal for that car!:omg:

Granted, thay have been trying to sell that car for many many months. Wonder if there is something fishy about it?:dunno:

Robert

Lemon_Twist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a steal for that car!:omg:

Granted, thay have been trying to sell that car for many many months. Wonder if there is something fishy about it?:dunno:

Robert

I think they may have had it overpriced previously and the reality of the current market is just catching up with them? They also have a 1 owner 2000 RT/10 with both tops and 5,800 orig km's that they are asking $37,900 US for. Sounds like a couple of great cars for anyone, especially an Ontarian, looking to get into a Viper. :2tu:

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score

JeffTheViperMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on - you gotta check these prices.

Anyone who pays $42+ for a 2002-or-older Viper isn't doing enough homework.

There are deals out there by people who need to get out from under these cars, and you can save a LOT of money (to help with things like registration, taxes, inspections, GAS...)

Now, if you're looking for Supercharged and ultra-low miles, like the blue-and-white posted above, then that's a fair price. But I picked up a 2000 GTS with a boat-load of goodies (racing brakes, racing exhaust, alum. flywheel, smooth tubes, etc) with 24K miles and STILL only paid $36K.

I know you guys don't like seeing the value of your cars drop, but that doesn't justify expecting someone to pay $6K more for something when they don't have to.

I think the BIGGEST piece of advice I can give for a first-time Viper buyer (or any specialty car for that matter) is to BE PATIENT. If you jump on the first deal you find, you're going to regret it. Even for as much time as I took, I still find myself wishing I had continued looking for the right color, and a 2001/02 with ABS brakes.

The second piece of advice I can give? Don't frown on buying a "stock" Viper - unmodified. You buy someone's modded car, you buy their modded problems. Second day of my Viper ownership experience, the check engine light came on. Now my 6-month-old Viper is in a garage in pieces because I'm trying to fix someone else's mistakes.

Last piece of advice? Ebay has the best prices. Now I know, we're not all very fond of Ebay - even myself. But I've searched every site out there. Cars.com, Edmunds.com, Auto Trader, ViperTrader.com... Ebay had consistently lower prices. The only pressure with Ebay is that you have a limited period of time to bid WHILE making arrangements to see the car, etc... It tends to make you feel rushed. Then again, until you fork over the cash, it's never too late.

Good luck. In the end, I'd still do it all over again!!

Jeff

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hang on - you gotta check these prices.

Anyone who pays $42+ for a 2002-or-older Viper isn't doing enough homework.

There are deals out there by people who need to get out from under these cars, and you can save a LOT of money

Sound advice Jeff!!:2tu:

Definitely. Don't pay any more than the car is worth to you. Take your time, and someday, you might find that perfect car at the perfect price !

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Anyone who pays $42+ for a 2002-or-older Viper isn't doing enough homework.

There are deals out there by people who need to get out from under these cars, and you can save a LOT of money (to help with things like registration, taxes, inspections, GAS...)

Now, if you're looking for Supercharged and ultra-low miles, like the blue-and-white posted above, then that's a fair price. But I picked up a 2000 GTS with a boat-load of goodies (racing brakes, racing exhaust, alum. flywheel, smooth tubes, etc) with 24K miles and STILL only paid $36K."

Agree, good advice waiting to find the right car, but the right car might cost $42k. I would much rather pay the extra $6k for the right car then have saved the money but always thinking man I wish I had just paid the extra $ and got the car I really wanted...

I paid good money for my car but I have no regrets, I feel I got exactly what I paid for. I bought from a source with a good reputation on here and then had an independent Viper shop look over everything on the car before I parted with a penny. After having it checked out and a few tinny things fixed (not at my expense) I made the deal and the car has never missed a beat. Money well spent.

Sometimes you get what you pay for :smirk:

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would probably get the silver one from Woodhouse! :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960