Need someone to tune my car

sassafras

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm going to be twin turboing my GTS in the very near future and I'm at the point where I'm going to be purchasing parts soon. So before I get too deep into the process I would like to talk to someone about tuning my car. I'm not going to be pushing mega boost through it so I'll probably be sticking with a SCT tune until I buy an actual EMS and build the engine.

I live in Huntsville, AL and would prefer someone kinda around my area, I don't mind driving 3-4 hours to see someone in person. I'm not against remote tuning and I have access to a dyno to do that if need be, but only if there isn't someone who knows what they are doing in my neck of the woods.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

1.8t

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Closest recognized Viper shop is Roe Racing in Jacksonvile, Fl. I know injected engineering in Atlanta has tuned a supercharged Viper via SCT before, so I am sure they are capable.

OP
OP
S

sassafras

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Who's turbo kit are you using? Or are you DIY?

It's a DIY deal. I've got the capability and the tools to do it and when I started looking at the prices for kits already put together I could get a much more for my money if I just did it myself. I could learn to tune it myself but I don't want to put that much more extra time into it.

rubadubdub

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a DIY deal. I've got the capability and the tools to do it and when I started looking at the prices for kits already put together I could get a much more for my money if I just did it myself. I could learn to tune it myself but I don't want to put that much more extra time into it.

At the price of the RSI kit I highly doubt that. You will easily surpass the 11k. And on top of the the headaches are going to drive you crazy. but what ever you decide on doing good luck to you.

coupe

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just below you in Birmingham and would gladly help in any way I can. Did a TT from scratch and tuned it with a split-second box so I'm at least familiar with the concept.

OP
OP
S

sassafras

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm just below you in Birmingham and would gladly help in any way I can. Did a TT from scratch and tuned it with a split-second box so I'm at least familiar with the concept.

How's that oil pan coming along....lol? I didn't know you had a TT car. I'll shoot you a text when I get closer to tuning it.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$14k is the RSI price and the wait is a little long. If you have patience, skill, and knowledge it can be done cheaper and possible faster. Good luck sassfras and post up some pics once it's done!

OP
OP
S

sassafras

Viper Owner
Reaction score
$14k is the RSI price and the wait is a little long. If you have patience, skill, and knowledge it can be done cheaper and possible faster. Good luck sassfras and post up some pics once it's done!

This was my exact thought process. I don't really want to wait that long to get a kit. If I'm doing the work it's all on me to get stuff done. Not to take anything away from RSI, they produce a great kit at an excellent price point; i've even ordered most of my fuel system from them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte