Need Tire help between Pirelli verses Michilins

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question Pirelli P Zero tire better than the Michelin Pilot sport run flat .I have only driven Mich PS on autocross track and tires have gripped well.Mich PS I know have a thicker wall on the because it is a run flat tire .Do I get a better ride with the Pirelli tire,and does it handle well .Plus being a tire that is not a run flat tire,do you waste a rim if I should get a flat,and should I carry a can of Slime in the car at all times.Thank you for any input on this matter greatly appreciated.2005 SRT10 YELLOH

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry i cant be of much help. but from everything i've read, the stock run flats are [******]. and i have read that a few have said the pirelli is better.

i wish this post would get more real world feed back. i persoanlly am probably going to go down to an 18 inch rim and go with khumos.

but for sure without a run flat, if your tire blows in the middle of no where the fix a flat would probably come in handy.

hopefully some guys with real experience will reply to your post, as i am interested in the tire question myself.

mark1962

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There was an article comparing several performance run-flat tires in Road and Track 2 or 3 months ago - you may be able to dig that up.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with Pirelli p-zeros and a plus one combination HRE's 19's upfront and 20's in the rear. I must say it is a night and day difference. The new rim and tire package is much lighter than the stock set and the traction is greatly improved. You can definitely feel the improvement in ride quality.

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TireRack sells a $75 kit made by Continental with a small 12v compressor and a can of sealer for non-runflats. There's a photo of it on the Tire forum here. I'd also carry a puncture/plug kit ($15) if you were lucky enough to get a puncture in the tread that could be plugged instead of having to use the sealer - and then when you get to a tire shop have a vulcanized patch put in behind the plug.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set of Pirelli's P-Zeros(335-25-19") for sale($550 plus shipping). The tires are new, still have the stickers on them if you want to give them a try. :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with Pirelli p-zeros and a plus one combination HRE's 19's upfront and 20's in the rear. I must say it is a night and day difference. The new rim and tire package is much lighter than the stock set and the traction is greatly improved. You can definitely feel the improvement in ride quality.
Thank you for the info that is exactly what I wanted to hear

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you properly inflat the pirellis. The runflats require on 28lbs due to the stiffer sidewall. I have my pirellis at 36lbs now and ride is perfect.

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure you properly inflat the pirellis. The runflats require on 28lbs due to the stiffer sidewall. I have my pirellis at 36lbs now and ride is perfect.
Thank you for that note.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine