Need weather strip 94 R/T

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need the weather strip piece for the drivers door opening. This is the one that clips to the door opening from down near the footwell, across the bottom of the door opening and up to the "roll bar" area.
My parts catalog (92-96 Viper June 99)book shows this as, Seal, Door Opening Primary 4709 253. It shows a picture of it showing it clipped to the car and not the door but the picture doesn't show it going all the way up to the rool bar area.
The book has a bunch of part numbers and descriptions but they are not very clear as to what is what. Anyone know anything about this? Anyone buy any of these lately?

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without a doubt, I can tell you it'll be expensive. I tried to purchase the w/strp on the a pillar, next to the windshield, where the drop in windows seal. Dealer wanted-- ready for this?----175.00. Out of their minds. Try some of the Viper used part sites- generally used parts are half of list. At least in the general (normal) car business. John

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot- if you do decide to purchase from a dealer, just order what shows in the parts fisch. The pictures don't always show the part. If the wrong part arrives, don't accept. I had this problem with the little plastice escutcheons that go in the top of the doors for the windows. John

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe- Call Chuck Tator 914-763-3136. He will look it up for you, know exactly what your talking about. Then let you know if its available and discount it. I am interested to hear because both sides are slightly torn from people dragging there shoe across mine.

OP
OP
J

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
Mine is missing completely. Are you really thinking of replacing yours? I'll buy your old one.

OP
OP
J

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK Jeff,
Let me know what you find out.
Jess says he bought that one for $47. If that's all it costs I think I might just treat my old car to a new one.
That price was a surprise, I've heard all the horror tales of $300 weather strips.
The problem isn't so much keeping water out, it's the door rattling when I go over bumps.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4709253 is the right part # for left door opening, MSRP $69.35 I have it in stock. VCA Members 20% OFF and FREE Shipping!! :cool:
If you would like it? Give me a call.

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just ordered the complete set of weather stripping from Chuck for my 94 Doors, Fenders, trunk the whole set and it all arrived in a couple of days as promised. I looked around several places and chuck offered me the best price by far. You can't go wrong. Chuck was also able to find me a part no one was willing to order in less than three weeks. Chuck had it at my door in 7 days.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck- Put me down for 2. One for each side. If it helps I'll pick'em up next Saturday. You know; Kill 2 Chevy's with one Dodge. Something like that.