Need Windshield

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The chip seal here is Texas finally got me.

Too many "chips" to continue with this windshield.

Got a quote from Safelight for around 600 smackers.

Is that about the going price??

My '93's windshield was replaced in 2000 for $300.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Going to Dallas soon - willing to get work done there.

Reaction score
I was told from Safe lite that they don't have any, I would buy it while you can. I have one ordered through Chrysler, but it is Vendor ship and I don't know if I will ever really receive it.

Darth Menace

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just called my local Dodge dealer here in alberta. They could have one for me in a few days. Im assuming you could get them in USA as easy or easier than we can

OP
OP
George Farris

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thankx for info.

Body shop in Amarillo I have done business (unfortunately) with and sent customes to, quoted $900 - said they were not easy to get.

Going with safelite - they actually have one in Amarillo.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$600 is a decent price. Safelite does seem to have a source and apparently its not Chrysler.

BTW, anyone who has an order in with Chrysler, be careful to inspect the package before accepting delivery. Most of the ones they have in stock are already broken before they even ship from Detroit. I ordered one last summer and almost missed a race because Chrysler shipped three - count 'em - three in rapid succession (on their dime fortunately) and I never got a non-broken one. Reason offered was that they're 12+ years old....have been moved around the racks in the warehouse for over a decade, they're in boxes so you can't see 'em.....thought from Chrysler is that 80% of the inventory is damaged while still in inventory.

If you're in a hurry, go with Safelite.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***** for the guys that want that little Chrysler badge on the bottom of the window to keep their cars "correct" ... good for the guys that just want a reasonable priced replacement!!! :) ---

OP
OP
George Farris

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just got call from Safe-lite - they DO NOT have one in Amarillo.

They have ordered one - should be here next week.

This is getting scary....

Stay Tuned

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible nowadays for somebody to do a glass restoration?
It seems like everything these days is really high tech now when it comes to different resins and things... just a question. :dunno:
Anyone know of such a thing?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best In Show. It was part of a very large paint / body package (~$25K) and I don't remember the exact cost. Your price sounds familiar though but just call them and talk to Mike if interested. He told me they don't do their own windshields tho so he may just hook you up with who did it since it does not sound like you need other work done.

OP
OP
George Farris

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Safelite called again ...

They are having trouble getting a windshield. Hopefully one more week.:dunno:

Have decided to just buy and not install as my windshield is not cracked, but beat up with many pits and stars.

Plan to install when I sell car.

s55c

Enthusiast
Reaction score
..... to breathe a lil life in this thread.... ordered a windshield from dealership for my 95 2.5 weeks ago... showed up a couple days ago in perfect condition, no issues anywhere. Glass guy installed yesterday,,, looks and fits awsome,,, didn't realize how bad old glass was till now,,, better to see and looks so much better. yes they are vendor shipped but no problem getting mine,,, like the fact that its oem with the chrysler logo,,, will say it wasn't cheap but i would sau it's worth it.

OP
OP
George Farris

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Finally got mine this past week. Has "Mopar" on it.

Took a while - Amarillo must not be on beaten path, I guess.

Called Mopar - they no longer supply windshield, will leave it to vendors.

Have windshield in house - trying to decide to install now or wait for a crack.

Original is pretty badly chipped.