Need your opinion on new HRE wheels - 18''

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need your opinion on new HRE wheels - 18\'\'

I've been talking to Jon B. about going to 18" wheels and tires but I can't decide which HRE's would look best on a 96 GTS. If it was red or black I would go with the 535's but on blue it just doesn't look right to me. I'm thinking maybe one of these, the 526,541 or the 546. Sorry I don't know how to post pictures. all the ones I mentioned are in the back of the Viper mag. except for the 526 which I got off the HRE showroom/web site. I would really like to know which ones you think look best on blue and white. Thank you for your input.George. P.S I live in Denver, where would I have these put on. Does Discount Tire have the right size equipment? Thanks again.

OP
OP
G

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Need your opinion on new HRE wheels - 18\'\'

One more thing, is it possible to have 19" rears and 18" fronts? How would that affect the drive and performance. Has anyone done this to their Viper?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Have you considered 545's or are they year old models, I know little about the lineup of HRE, but check out the 97 GTS in the classifieds, nice pic of blue/white with 545's, match the car well in my opinion! Although stockers look clean as well as well to me.....
Ryan

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the 546's on my 96GTS. I like the 6 spokes with the six lugs. Just personal taste. I also had the sides of each spoke painted to match the blue of the car. Not the face of the spokes, just the sides. Makes a nice appearance standing still or moving without being overdone. Great wheels.

rschiltz

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the 545's or 546's would look awesome on your GTS.

OP
OP
G

GTzViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for all your input. It's hard deciding what wheels will look just right on such a beautiful car as the Viper. Even the stocks look good! I guess I just want to give the car a more personal look. I talked to Jon B. yesterday and ordered the HRE 546 18" along with the 18" Pilot sports, hurts the wallet but that's the problem with all addictions
smile.gif
I should have them before the new year and I'll post some pictures (if I figure how to.) Talk to you later, George.

kernie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTzViper:
Thanks for all your input. It's hard deciding what wheels will look just right on such a beautiful car as the Viper. Even the stocks look good! I guess I just want to give the car a more personal look. I talked to Jon B. yesterday and ordered the HRE 546 18" along with the 18" Pilot sports, hurts the wallet but that's the problem with all addictions
smile.gif
I should have them before the new year and I'll post some pictures (if I figure how to.) Talk to you later, George.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I went with the 545's from Parts Rack. Now if HRE will just
ship the things......