Needing Estimated 1/4 Mile ET

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to take the Viper down the 1/4 mile for the first time at the Viper/Mopar Nationals.:drive:

My question is, what time do I dial in at? I have no clue how fast my ACR will be in the 1/4!:dunno:

Anyone have an educated estimate on what my ET will be?

As for my experience level, I have been down the 1/4 a few times before in the 300 SRT-8, but never in a Viper.

Thanks!

Robert

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should be able to get mid to high 12's on your first few passes, but it looks like you have 3.73s? If you don't have Kumhos or better, they will be difficult to hook up. Some have done as well as 11.8-12.3 after some practice.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
12.0 on my very first run down the track in my car. only dragged one other time 15 years prior. id bet 12.0-12.5

wigginz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm guessing low 10's with that Vip-Air you have installed.

In all seriousness you should be in the mid 12's stock. With the mods you have, I'd consider very low 12's/high 11's a good run.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen great drivers(Jamie Furman,Evan Smith) in bone stock gen 2 run 11.6-11.7s,good track ,air ect.

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok. So my guessing 12.5 was not too far off.:drive:

What about launch RPM? As I know you will ask, my tires are listed in my sig!:rolleyes:

Robert

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on how well the track is setup. Lots of VHT, launch at 2000 RPM or higher. No prep, then you'll have to feel it out, but in either caes, I don't think you'll want to do any big burnouts on those expensive tires :(

I like big burnouts though, so get a video if you do :2tu:

Last edited:

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use a run somewhere in the 11s your baremeter .The closer you get to it the better your doing

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take that wing off for the event if you want to go quick..... I saw an ACR pick up 4 MPH after removing it....

I am going to take the Viper down the 1/4 mile for the first time at the Viper/Mopar Nationals.:drive:

My question is, what time do I dial in at? I have no clue how fast my ACR will be in the 1/4!:dunno:

Anyone have an educated estimate on what my ET will be?

As for my experience level, I have been down the 1/4 a few times before in the 300 SRT-8, but never in a Viper.

Thanks!

Robert

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
take that wing off for the event if you want to go quick..... I saw an ACR pick up 4 MPH after removing it....

That wittle wing...:rolleyes:

IMGA0448.JPG

As for burnouts, there will be none. I will try to drive around the waterbox best I can then :drive:

Robert

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My guess, after some practice launching will be high to mid 12's at about 115. Good Luck

OP
OP
M

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys (and gals) are good! My first pass down, with passenger, and stuff in the trunk was 12.66 @ 112!

2nd was 13.7 (missed 3rd)

3rd was DNF - I learnt about half shafts and their durability upon wheel hop :(:rolleyes: (Thanks again to all who helped change the shaft, and to Paul who lent me his spare half shaft! :hail: )

For the final run I went 12.7 due to being a little nervous after run 3! :rolleyes:

Thanks again folks!

Robert

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep trying an 11second run (loose the pass ect )is right around the corner