NEVCA Chuck Tator Tech Session - Pictures (dialup watch out)

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I tell ya the New England region had a great turn out today for our Tech Session with the Wizard Mr. Chuck Tator. It was quite an informative day for all who attended. I believe we had 12 cars in attendance but with a couple showing up at different times I didn't get an accurate head count. Chuck showed everyone the proper procedures for bleeding the brakes as well as the clutch hydraulic system. Also, I think we all got a peak at one of his "Magic Wands" as he brought his DRB scan tools with him and gave everyone a free memory dump of their PCM. Any questions that anyone had were answered thuroughly and informatively. Chuck truly deserves the moniker of the Viper Wizard. A special thanks goes out to our very own Flyin' Phil Gailinas and his wife for offering their magnificant home as the meeting place for todays session and also for the great eats that we were provided with. There was also a lot of talk going on about the upcoming North East Exotic Car Show that is coming up in just 2 short weeks on june 19th. I think everyone is looking forward to that. All who were in attendance had a great time and I would just like to thank everyone who showed up for making it a great event and a special thanks to Chuck for being our regional Technical Director. Now on to the Pics!

A nice Side-piped Bumblebee GTS
You must be registered for see images

Lining up around the driveway

Another of the bumblebee with Jeff's '92 in front.

Line 'em up!

Paul Shea's beautiful Bow-Tie GTS that is FOR SALE

One of two silver SRT's in attendance

A very clean Red SRT.

Phil's outrageous '96 RT.

A Snazzy Black RT with Nice inserts in the rear bumper.

The other silver SRT.

Chuck showing everyone proper brake bleeding procedure...

A very sharp '96 RT with updated wheels and hood.

LUNCH!

Sneaky Pete decided to stay in the car today....

This supercharged Shelby GTS was a work of art...

So were the "sketches" it left on the way out...

Appearently Mike's cars PCM "thought" it had 411,000 miles, but alas it is only at 101,000.

Phil's car again, ain't she a beauty?

Chuck Checks the PCM on Paul's GTS.

I have quite a few more pictures but I want to keep this SOMEWHAT dialup friendly. If anyone wants any FULL Resolution 8MP pics just send me a PM and I will host them on my site for you to retrieve. Also slightly higher quality pics will be uploaded to the NEVCA's Gallery which can be found on our homepage http://www.neviperclub.org under the events section. Hope you enjoyed the pics!

-Nick-

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just missed this one, nice pictures Nick, great job Phil. I will definately see all of you the 19th
I really missed a good one, I had alot of questions for the Wizard.

FLX109

vette2viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great pics! From all I read in the many posts, you Northeast guys seem to have all the fun! Maybe I can get up to one of your events sometime...would have to fly, no Viper yet.

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Though this event was made enjoyable by the attendance of 20+ people and 14 Vipers, much added thanks go out to both Chuck and Rob for making this event a success. They drove the 3+ hours from NY to New Hampster, professionally demonstrated some important maintenance tasks for our members, answered a world of questions, checked each and every Viper for electronic condition, found many 'questionable' mileage figures, reset PCMs to default values, troubleshot O2 sensors and connector pins, gave out loads of Viper advice, and worked while others shmoozed. Then, after all this, they made the 3+ hours return trip back to NY! :crazy:

The New England region is both lucky and proud to have Chuck Tator as our Technical Director. He goes the extra mile and seems to have fun doing it, too! :cool: Chuck, see you at the Merrimack NH event on the 19th (probably see you on the 18th as well...).

Three side stories:

(1) We had one of our members get a ticket on the ride up, then get a flat tire on the ride back... :( Sorry, Chris.

(2) The car that showed the the highest mileage at this event was my '96 RT/10 with a reading of over 440,000 miles. :eek: If I 'assume' that mileage number to be off a bit, I then have to wonder what other values in the PCM had also gone bad since the last reset.

(3) My neighbors (the ones with the very dark and very wide rubber streaks in front of their house) aren't speaking to me anymore. :confused: Thanks, Tim.

Also, thanks go out to Nick for taking all of the pictures of this event. :D Great pictures, Nick! Thanks for supporting our region.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nick, Thank You for posting the pictures! They are good! :2tu:

Thank You Phil for having the Tech Session at your home! Rob and I had a great time doing it! :cool:

The last picture in Nick's post where I'm laughing, I had just plugged into the Viper and while I was waiting for it to boot up, I pretended to read the screen on the DRB and I was saying: "WARNING the driver of this vehicle has exceeded 140MPH on fourteen different occasions. Before I could finish, the owner speaks up and says: "Boy is my Wife in trouble NOW!" We where rolling on that one!" :laugh:

"It was a great day!" Thank You again Phil, Nick and all of the New England Club Members that were there! :2tu:

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys really know how to make a guy feel bad they had to miss the event! Excellent pictures, Nick! Excellent event, Phil! Kudos to Chuck and co. for sharing his wealth of information with the New England Region. We're proud to have you as our Technical Director (y'gotta update your sig, Chuck :cool: ).

See you all on the 19th for the Northeast Exotic Car Show!

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE HAD A GREAT TIME.THANK YOU CHUCK TATOR FOR YOUR TIME AND ENERGY. THE NEW ENGLAND REGION ROCKS!!!!!!!!! NICK GREAT PICS. PHIL YOU AND YOUR WIFE RULE. WISH I WAS THERE :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments everyone, feedback is always appreciated. It is too bad you couldn't make it Dave, it was an awesome event. Us New Englander's sure do know how to have a good time.

-Nick-

Hostile

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great photos,hope this a preview of the weather we can expect on the 19
for the car show.

Skeeter

Rapid pulse

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally arrived back in town... Even with all of my drama and tickets on the way to phils and the blow out on the way home.. I would have done it all again...

Phil: Great host and a great event! looking forward to the 19th

"What do I do when I let off the gas? Nothing because I NEVER let off the gas"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang