never again!!! someone at valet smoked the tires off my car

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
IMO all high performance cars should should with a valet key that when used limits the car's power and total mileage it can be driven with that key.

I'm quite sure you won't mind paying the additional $$$ that the manufacturers will charge for this feature and the upfront R&D just to avoid paying the valet $20 or so to park it yourself..... Hope you're not serious.

OP
OP
S

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, i am on holidays for a week, come back, fire up the site, and read the posts......don't understand why i would ever B.S., what would be the point/motivation? Those respondents are just looking to "up" their posts numbers......oh oh, now i am going to get more negative feedback.

Vooodoo ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm quite sure you won't mind paying the additional $$$ that the manufacturers will charge for this feature and the upfront R&D just to avoid paying the valet $20 or so to park it yourself..... Hope you're not serious.

How much additional $$$ are we paying for the useless 1-4 skip shift feature? The valet key could be used for more than just valet parking. Manufacturers have been electronically limiting speeds in cars for years... I doubt it will be very difficult for them to do this. Isn't there a Mustang that has a tune key?

I've owned a few cars that had valet keys but as far as I know they just didn't work for the glove box lock.

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
S2000s come with a valet key that limits rpm. Very nice feature IMO, not just for valet parking, but also dealership service. Imagine how much more peace of mind you'd have knowing some idiot lot kid can't take your Viper out to beat on it and wreck it, and cant get it past 2500rpms :2tu:

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, but S2000s make 75 ft-lbs of torque at 2500rpm, and my viper makes 500 ft-lbs at the same rpm. It could still be a bit dangerous, that's all I am saying.

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow, i am on holidays for a week, come back, fire up the site, and read the posts......don't understand why i would ever B.S., what would be the point/motivation? Those respondents are just looking to "up" their posts numbers......oh oh, now i am going to get more negative feedback.

I believed you that is why my response was dead serious about telling the manager and staking out the place to get it on video. I know that this $hit happens, anyone who says it doesn't is kidding themselves or just lucky IMO. I don't care who you are, it would be hard no to "punch" an exotic, muscle or super car at least once even if you are a good guy, let alone if you are morally decrepit as this attendant that took your car was. Moral of the story, turn your keys over to no one unless you are prepared for your car being treated "however" :mad:

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
345s-bspinnin:2997150 said:
Yeah, but S2000s make 75 ft-lbs of torque at 2500rpm, and my viper makes 500 ft-lbs at the same rpm. It could still be a bit dangerous, that's all I am saying.

:lmao:

That's a very good point.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rolstar:2997192 said:
You may want to check You Tube. Maybe the idiots posted their antics for their friends to see.

Wouldn't be the first time some dork got busted like that :)

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as far as a valet key goes, how much can it REALLY be? my snowmobile has one, my jet skis all have one ect, they call them "learning keys" but it CANT be to pricey

johniew398

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never trust valets except when I am on a trip and sometimes I let them park my rental car.

But you just made me think of a possible motive in a homicide case. Years ago I was an Air Force Chief of Police and one of my officers took a part time job as a valet at a night club. An unknown subject put five rounds in my officer and also caught up with the other valet at a different location and killed him.

We were always looking for a motive. Maybe they screwed with the killers car????

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/casedetail.html?id=947

Last edited:

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much additional $$$ are we paying for the useless 1-4 skip shift feature? The valet key could be used for more than just valet parking. Manufacturers have been electronically limiting speeds in cars for years... I doubt it will be very difficult for them to do this. Isn't there a Mustang that has a tune key?

I've owned a few cars that had valet keys but as far as I know they just didn't work for the glove box lock.

The skip shift most likely cost very little in parts and in the grand scheme of things, saves you money because of the reduced gas guzzler tax. At any rate, the valet key would cost very little (less than a skip shift I would imagine considering viper is drive by wire now) as well and I don't see the problem with at least having it as an option.

As far as the guys saying that they would refuse to ever go to a place with valet, that may work in some cities but others, you pretty much have to valet at a lot of establishments.

evomind

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i wanna know how he smoked the tires so good/bad (perspective) without wheel hopping the thing into a thousand pieces????