New approach, possible to find a rt/10 for 23-27k???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello guys, decided to go for an rt/10 first instead of a gts. Anyone know if it is possible to get one non salvaged and preferably red or black for 23-27k? 25k ballpark. Hopefully a 97, Mileage does NOT matter, pm me if you have or know of something. Wouldn't mind yellow either.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
97 is the rarest rt10.... doubt you wll find any Gen 2 at $25k, $30-32k maybe

Gen 1 RT10, 92-95? NO PROB at $25k. I just sold my hi-miles 94 for $22k.

Prefer Yellow? YELLOW was 94, 95, 01, 02.

Last edited:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello guys, decided to go for an rt/10 first instead of a gts. Anyone know if it is possible to get one non salvaged and preferably red or black for 23-27k? 25k ballpark. Hopefully a 97, Mileage does NOT matter, pm me if you have or know of something. Wouldn't mind yellow either.

97 is the rarest rt10.... doubt you wll find any Gen 2 at $25k, $30-32k maybe

Gen 1 RT10, 92-95? NO PROB at $25k. I just sold my hi-miles 94 for $22k.

Prefer Yellow? YELLOW was 94, 95, 01, 02.

We have a customer w/ a 2001 Yellow w hard top, Corsa, Eibachs, Spoiler for mid $30s... average miles, 2-owner, clean title.

So no way on a gen 2 rt/10 period? If not, I can live without power windows on the gen 1. Its really the gen 2 engine that I crave

What Jon said is right. No way to get a GEN II RT/10 (especially a '97) for that price unless it's a car that needs to e rebuilt. GEN I's should not be a problem.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
25K for a Gen2, LMAO:rolaugh:

Dude, your grasping for straws. Reading through your previous posts you sound more pathetic and desparate day by day. You obviously have the Wrong impression of the Viper. This is not some rice rocket civic that you can find bondo'd for a killer deal. Sure kids like you are trying to make it that, but its not gonna happen. Show some respect. This is an Amazing macine that demands a respectable selling price.

FYI, on your loan issue: This is not 5 years ago when anyone could take out a loan on anything and have instant gratification.

Get an Education,
Get a Job,
Save your money,
Buy one.

Be Patient, Be Smart

Its that Simple:D

(no offense, sorry if my post seems harsh but i had to keep it real)

Nitro187

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Dude, your grasping for straws. Reading through your previous posts you sound more pathetic and desparate day by day. You obviously have the Wrong impression of the Viper. This is not some rice rocket civic that you can find bondo'd for a killer deal. Sure kids like you are trying to make it that, but its not gonna happen. Show some respect. This is an Amazing macine that demands a respectable selling price.

FYI, on your loan issue: This is not 5 years ago when anyone could take out a loan on anything and have instant gratification.

Get an Education,
Get a Job,
Save your money,
Buy one.

Be Patient, Be Smart

Nicely said.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The RT/10 is a great choice. It is a hoot to drive with the top off unless it is brutally hot outside.

Since you're starting out by specifying the price range and not a preference for year/model/etc, I'll assume that $27K is your absolute top limit. So start shopping for a nice Viper in your price range and let the market determine what Gen you end up with.

Something else to think about...if you find a Viper in your price range, do you have an extra $2k or $3k cash for repairs? You may need tires, all fluids, who-knows-what-else, and that takes cash. So if you pay $27k, will you have resources to also pay for repairs (maybe as soon as you buy it?) so you can continue to enjoy your Viper?

Buy the Viper Buyer's Guide, it will be very helpful during your search. Good hunting!

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Get an Education,
Get a Job,
Save your money,
Buy one.

Be Patient, Be Smart

Dom426, I think you are being a bit harsh. The market will dictate what he can get for 25 or 26. How do you know the guy is not employed.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dom426, I think you are being a bit harsh.
Thats why i put the dissclaimer at the bottom of my post

The market will dictate what he can get for 25 or 26.
True. and in ths case it is simple, There is No market for a Gen2 for 25-26.(unless it needs serious repairs, or has some special story with blood stains from a ****** or c** stains from a soup kitchen :lmao:)

How do you know the guy is not employed.
I dont, and didnt mean to imply that he didnt have an education or job. I was simply giving the common sense steps towards gaining any asset. A summary of those steps would be to "Get Your **** Together". If he has a job then Obviously he needs to save his money if he wants to buy an awesome car like the Viper. If the job dosnt pay enough then higher education could lead to a higher paying job. Ect...

All that i know about this guy is that he wants a Viper and cant afford one. WELCOME TO THE CLUB! Do you know how many people lust after the Viper but arn't in a position to purchase one. Hundreds of Thousands.

Last edited:
OP
OP
I

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am employed, educated, and have been trying to build credit. now saving. no offense at the attack, dont take words personal. reason I asked about the gen 2 rt for that much is because i missed one going for 24500. whats the matter with asking??? a gen 1 seems to be much more realistic. pathetic? hell no, a bit desperate i can honestly say. just want to try my hand at snatching a snake before resorting to the common car. gen 1 it is. sorry for the small caps, my cell wont allow me to use the shift function after the first letter. and i hate civics and all other hondas, toyotas ect. rice is for eating, not driving. Harsh or not, the way I see it, i have no choice but to take whatever anyone here throws at me, being that you all are the ones with the vipers and I am not. any leads on gen 1's?? I'll hit autotrader and cars again when I get a chance. haven't checked craigs list out yet.

Last edited:

jjp11

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can find lower mileage Gen 1s in your price range. I came across a few nice ones ($25-28k) while I was actively searching for mine over a year ago. I don't know what they're going for now. If you come across a Gen 2 in that price range, it will most likely be a car with more stories than it's worth. It will almost surely also need new tires, fluids, and a repair or few. Tires and fluids are something you're probably going to have to deal with even if you find a nice Gen 1. A lot of them are still running on stock or very old tires and haven't had fluids changed in years. If you plan on daily driving it, be ready to make many trips to the gas station. High octane gas isn't cheap these days, especially in these gas hogs.. And yes, they definitely are hogs if you do a lot of city driving. Other than that, financing was already mentioned in a previous post and insurance will obviously be higher. Just be aware of the costs associated with these cars. These costs can and do add up in a hurry. If you are comfortable with everything mentioned in this thread, then good luck on your search.

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am employed, educated, and have been trying to build credit. now saving. no offense at the attack, dont take words personal. reason I asked about the gen 2 rt for that much is because i missed one going for 24500. whats the matter with asking??? a gen 1 seems to be much more realistic. pathetic? hell no, a bit desperate i can honestly say. just want to try my hand at snatching a snake before resorting to the common car. gen 1 it is. sorry for the small caps, my cell wont allow me to use the shift function after the first letter. and i hate civics and all other hondas, toyotas ect. rice is for eating, not driving. Harsh or not, the way I see it, i have no choice but to take whatever anyone here throws at me, being that you all are the ones with the vipers and I am not. any leads on gen 1's?? I'll hit autotrader and cars again when I get a chance. haven't checked craigs list out yet.

If you want the car to drive and you only want to spend $25K or so consider at rebuild viper, with a $20K hood it does take much to total a gen 2, if it has been rebuilt correctly have fun with it and have windows. even a GTS if that what you want. It will be worth less when you sell it but you paid less and you can part one out for $25k and get you money back.

OP
OP
I

ILLKing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most certainly will not be a daily driver, only weekends. thats even pushing it, maybe every other weekend. I have a dd to commute to work during the week so no problem there. I also have some nice winding country roads walking distance from where I live to cruise on. I'll keep looking for some gen 1's and see what comes of it. I appreciate all the input and advice.

speedracervr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep looking, you may find one. I almost won a non wrecked higher mileage (had a rebuilt motor though) 99 ACR for 30k of ebay, but I lost it by $100. Higher mileage vipers don't seem to sell good.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There are some deals out there ,only snag is locale. There was a dark green 95 RT with 37K kms [23K miles] for $26K at my local mopar dealership. It was a one owner no history car. I was looking for a GTS at the time ,otherwise would have snatched it in a second. Local guy has a B/W 96 GTS for sale with 89K kms, there are some decs but car looks nice and drives well for 28K. He's firm on the price.Keep looking ,who knows what may come up.

Wilks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry GTLaser....Didn't see your post till after I posted and don't know how to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.