new aussie owner

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But in northern California! Moved here from singapore about a year ago, and recently had a dream come true when i picked up a '98 GTS with 14K miles. I've been travelling a fair bit in the 3 weeks since, and have only managed 150 very enjoyable miles so far.

Couple of things done, smooth tubes, K&Ns, borla, ACR suspension (I believe, need to check but it's a bit lower than average) and a great stereo install using the stock head unit that kicks like hell with an 8" sub molded into the boot (or trunk, as you folks call it)

These things really are in another price bracket entirely overseas, and I have aspirations of taking it back with me and converting to RHD when, if ever, we go back home, and it's a dream to own one now as I'm still in my 20's!

This is an awesome forum you have here and I'm going to join the VCA this week, but so far it's been very useful for all sorts of things - I like to swing a spanner myself on the odd thing.

Enough typing, here's some pics... sorry if they're a bit big...

bvk

You must be registered for see images

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does "swing a spanner" equal "turn a wrench"? Just wondering. Congrats on your purchase and great idea about joining the VCA....I'm glad I did.

OP
OP
B

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes that's exactly what it means, and thanks.

By the way, does anyone recommend a mechanic in the sacramento area? I've heard folsom lake dodge have a viper tech, they dont sell the SRT there, el dorado hills dodge do....

cheers!

V

Venomiss

yes that's exactly what it means, and thanks.

By the way, does anyone recommend a mechanic in the sacramento area? I've heard folsom lake dodge have a viper tech, they dont sell the SRT there, el dorado hills dodge do....

cheers!
This is the Northern California Viper site-a great VCA club and maybe you can talk with someone from their club about a Viper tech and dealer in your area.

Northern California Viper Club of America

If you join soon enough they have a really nice Hearst Castle Cruise coming at the end of October. It's listed on the website too.
Welcome!

OP
OP
B

bvk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
san jose? wow, thats quite the trip, but as you said I'm sure it's probably worth it for the first service/checkout.

I'm in Rocklin, to be exact :)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on that GORGEOUS RED GTS!!!! And, yes, welcome to the Viper Club, joining the best club around, you are!!! Looks great~~bet it sounds great as well. ~juli

V

Venomiss

san jose? wow, thats quite the trip, but as you said I'm sure it's probably worth it for the first service/checkout.

I'm in Rocklin, to be exact :)

If you want to get your status changed send your PM to
Lee00blacksilverGTS this is the moderator that will need all your information.
Nobody else will see it.

If you would like to join the VCA here is an easy way-for new and renewing members.
Gets you the ability to buy raffle tickets for that new ACR, Viper Magazine, and an avatar on this site along with all kinds of discounts for VCA members.
Here it is!

VCA Renewal Message - Introducing PayPal!

You can now renew your VCA Membership in one of 3 ways:
1) Via our new PayPal option at Dodge Viper Magazine
2) by calling Viper Headquarters at 1-800-998-1110 or
3) by mailing us your check or money order. If you choose to use the new PayPal option, you will need your full 17 digit Viper VIN to complete the renewal process. Simply log onto Dodge Viper Magazine and the renewal information is located on the Home Page. If a member doesn't renew their membership via PayPal or by some other method, we will be mailing out renewal notices at the beginning of December .

Last edited by a moderator: