New car coming-Need outdoor car cover

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, today, I did it!!!! I put a down payment on a 2001 ACR! I can't believe it!!!! I have to drive out to pick it up next weekend. 1,000 miles, but I got what I consider to be a screaming deal, all checked out, so I'm happy!

Anyway, I always get an outdoor cover for all my cars to put on them while I'm at work (I wash them every week, so it keeps the paint really nice) and also to stop an errant purse or key from scratching them while they're in the garage. What's the best outdoor cover for the Viper GTS? I'd like something completely waterproof, but breathable to prevent mold etc. when it's stored for weeks on end in the winter.

Thanks guys/gals!

Also, pinch me.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I used an outdoor Calif. Car Cover Cocoon for a year and a half when we got our 2008...stayed dry, safe, no complaints here. It is not in use anymore, so you are welcome to it if you can pick it up from the Indy area.
Drop an e-mail to me if you want to know details.

OP
OP
E

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you know how much it costs? I've just had custom jobs done for my Vette's in the past, and some fabricators have an... um... ambitious idea of what their time is worth.

OP
OP
E

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$40K, all stock except full belanger system, no accidents, no paint, full documentation. I live in Philadelphia, and I've never seen anything like that.

OP
OP
E

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's just red, 28K miles. I wasn't looking for like a 2,000 mile one, because I actually plan to drive it and don't want to deal with dryrot seals, etc.

Last edited:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always get an outdoor cover for all my cars to put on them while I'm at work (I wash them every week, so it keeps the paint really nice) and also to stop an errant purse or key from scratching them while they're in the garage. What's the best outdoor cover for the Viper GTS? I'd like something completely waterproof, but breathable to prevent mold etc. when it's stored for weeks on end in the winter..

Whatever you use for the other cars should be good enough for the Viper (unless the other cars are 20 year old Civics, LOL)
For weatherproof, I would say Weathershield from Covercraft (sold by quite a few outlets)

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the factory oem cover. I Ibought one of classifieds had aftermarket cover before hated it. Love factory cover. Fit is perfect, had the car out of the garage for two days while putting lift, it rained but the car was dry under.....

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You said you are in Philly....I am right across the bridge from you in Sewell nj, 20 mins. There are a couple guys here in the cherry hill area. Send me a pm. Dennis

OP
OP
E

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome, will do. I can't use my other covers on the Viper, they're custom made for the Corvettes and the company doesn't seem to make one for the Viper :-\

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy the car sounds like a good deal ,check the age of the tires and if the power steering pulley is changed yet.

OP
OP
E

Endeka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll check the documentation with it, but is there a thread to show me how to check if the documentation doesn't say? I'm entitled to a deposit refund if I get out there and it's not to my liking, so I can still scope that out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang