New cat back system coming out soon

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This resonated (like Corsa) cat back will be available in the new year, weighs approx 13.5 lbs a side (half what a Corsa weighs) has a nice Muscle car tone and little to no drone. Complete stainless steel construction, reasonably priced at $849.00

cashcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's header's are those? That's just what I've been looking for, the 5 into 1 collector.. Is there an OS sensor?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who's header's are those? That's just what I've been looking for, the 5 into 1 collector.. Is there an OS sensor?

Those are some new headers I have been developing, Made in America, available in either 304 or 321 Stainless, and in sizes 1 3/4, or 1 7/8

They are being made in for Gen 2, Gen 3, and Gen 4/5

Green viper 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Those are some new headers I have been developing, Made in America, available in either 304 or 321 Stainless, and in sizes 1 3/4, or 1 7/8

They are being made in for Gen 2, Gen 3, and Gen 4/5
are those gonna be under thousand also

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up an original Aero setup from Steve 2 weeks ago, and the sound is incredible with my Belangers! It's the deepest system I've ever heard on a Viper, and most closely resembles a V8 to my ears. My catless Corsa was just too raspy for me even though it didn't drone.

For the record, I am running Belanger cats now too, so I'm not running the resonator ahead of the muffler that is pictured above.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up an original Aero setup from Steve 2 weeks ago, and the sound is incredible with my Belangers! It's the deepest system I've ever heard on a Viper, and most closely resembles a V8 to my ears. My catless Corsa was just too raspy for me even though it didn't drone.

For the record, I am running Belanger cats now too, so I'm not running the resonator ahead of the muffler that is pictured above.

If you ever want to upgrade to the resonators, just say the word my friend!

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, what do you think the dbs levels are with this set up? Does the resonator quiet the sound better than an extra Aero muffler on each side (like what Gavin did) Will the Aero muffler fit under the Gen II side sill?
Thanks

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve, what do you think the dbs levels are with this set up? Does the resonator quiet the sound better than an extra Aero muffler on each side (like what Gavin did) Will the Aero muffler fit under the Gen II side sill?
Thanks

Jonathan,

I think when I worked with Gavin on his exhaust for each Aero muffler we added we saved 4 decibels, and he said he felt like he retained all his power, I can get shorter aero mufflers as well, we may be able to fit 3 in each side. They are 6 inch diameter and I believe they "just fit", nice thing is is that they are super light weight.

If you want we can work on it and try a resonator and 2 shorty aero's , it would be nice if we could keep your foot planted all the way around SECA!

Last edited:

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it the added resonators that remove the dreaded drone...or are the Aero mufflers alone drone free and the resonators just reduce decibels?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it the added resonators that remove the dreaded drone...or are the Aero mufflers alone drone free and the resonators just reduce decibels?

The mufflers themselves reduce drone and decibels, the resonators main function is a further reduction in drone. Drone can happen at different RPM's on different vehicles, it all depends on mods and other variables. The addition of the resonator on these systems is to ensure that the user has the best "drone protection" possible.

It works for Corsa at double the weight, double the price...

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS has Belanger headers, roe high flow cats, stock resonators and corsa exhaust. I have been thinking about removing the stock resonators to get a little different sound. Will this hurt performance or MPG or the way the system functions?

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My GTS has Belanger headers, roe high flow cats, stock resonators and corsa exhaust. I have been thinking about removing the stock resonators to get a little different sound. Will this hurt performance or MPG or the way the system functions?

The main function of a resonator is as a sound cancellation device, outside of changing the sound of your car it should not hurt performance or MPG to remove it.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Are ya gonns be any for the gen 2 with rear exit?"

I don't know if this was answered, but I am curious about this set up also.

Though I have worked with some Gen 2 racers on lowering their decibels for sound sensitive tracks, I have not worked on a Gen 2 rear exit system yet, If there looked like there was a definite market I would but up till now I assumed that the market was somewhat full of options, though they may be at a somewhat high price point.

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks nice. Any other audio clips? How does this compare to the $600 VPA no-name catback?

The $600 VPA item is a mopar 2 1/2 inch system form the looks of the description, looks like the magnaflow system, drone drone drone, all the way home....

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which cats could be used with the setup pictured above? Hate the smell without them. What would a complete configuration cost (Headers in best stainless, cats, mufllers, exhaust pipes, hangers, etc)?

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering , compared to the 2 1/2 inch Corsa's , is the arrow set up in 3 inch louder or quieter ? Thanx ! :ponder:

OP
OP
G

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wondering , compared to the 2 1/2 inch Corsa's , is the arrow set up in 3 inch louder or quieter ? Thanx ! :ponder:

Good question, I haven't personally had a 2.5 inch corsa on a Viper for a few years now, but Absolute Han above just switched from his Corsa with Belanger headers to my cat back and the Belanger headers so he would be a good impartial responder to this question, I think he had 2.5 in as well...