New colored dash lights are in!

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Can't answer the Gen II question Rob, but hopefully someone can. I would assume they probably use the same bulbs, but I just don't know.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Process write-up:

Remove driver's seat.
Remove steering column surround pieces.
Remove lower dash, where your pedal adjustment button is.
Remove center console.
Remove trim piece where your shifter bezel is. You will need to remove the shifter too, but then you can move it around out of the way enough without taking the parking brake handle off.
Remove center trim piece where the HVAC controls are.
Remove trim piece that runs over the speedo cluster and around the outside of the center trim piece. It's all one big piece.
Remove panel containing oil P, etc gauges and change out the lights. Test and make sure they all work properly. You WILL have some in that do match the polarity and you will need to reverse them.
Remove speedo cluster and do the dame thing.
I used all 10 bulbs I got because I changed the bulb that lights up your odometer as well. I noticed someone above left that one stock.
I have no issues with vision at night (you can dim them also) and I can read the gauges just fine. The odometer is a little harder to read, but I like the look and I don't count the miles anyway.

I know this is not very detailed, but I get too detailed when I really explain things and it would take me hours and hours and to try to really write this up.

If anyone is doing this and hits a snag, post on here or PM me with your number and I'll give you a call.
Anyone else thinking the sharpie doesn't look so bad? :lmao::lmao:

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kala,

The sharpie requires the exact same procedure. You still have to pull all the bulbes to color them.

Sorry, no shortcuts on th:rolaugh:is one!

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kala,

The sharpie requires the exact same procedure. You still have to pull all the bulbes to color them.

Sorry, no shortcuts on th:rolaugh:is one!

Not if you just color the gauge lenses. ;) If you're gonna be lazy, then you gotta think LAZY! LOL

Sorry
j/k
:rolaugh::rolaugh: That's hella lotta work guys... What about some kind of colored film over the lenses... Me, I'd just pay DC Performance to do this $*it... :2tu: That's the lazy way...

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolaugh::rolaugh: That's hella lotta work guys... What about some kind of colored film over the lenses... Me, I'd just pay DC Performance to do this $*it... :2tu: That's the lazy way...

I'm sure Dan would love to take your money to change a few light bulbs. Hmmmmm, How many Viper owners does it take to change their dash light bulbs? Answer 2 so far, the rest are too lazy:D

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Process write-up:

Remove driver's seat.
Remove steering column surround pieces.
Remove lower dash, where your pedal adjustment button is.
Remove center console.
Remove trim piece where your shifter bezel is. You will need to remove the shifter too, but then you can move it around out of the way enough without taking the parking brake handle off.
Remove center trim piece where the HVAC controls are.
Remove trim piece that runs over the speedo cluster and around the outside of the center trim piece. It's all one big piece.
Remove panel containing oil P, etc gauges and change out the lights. Test and make sure they all work properly. You WILL have some in that do match the polarity and you will need to reverse them.
Remove speedo cluster and do the dame thing.
I used all 10 bulbs I got because I changed the bulb that lights up your odometer as well. I noticed someone above left that one stock.
I have no issues with vision at night (you can dim them also) and I can read the gauges just fine. The odometer is a little harder to read, but I like the look and I don't count the miles anyway.

I know this is not very detailed, but I get too detailed when I really explain things and it would take me hours and hours and to try to really write this up.

If anyone is doing this and hits a snag, post on here or PM me with your number and I'll give you a call.

Sweet thanks that is the next low budget mod i will be doing after i get my fiberglass sub box done

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just making a point, the odometer bulb has a different size base. Its a different bulb. I managed to stuff a bulb in there, but it fell out. You do not need to drop the column to do this. I can get to the cluster in 30 minutes taking my time. Just b careful when you pull the plastic surround around the cluster.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of pics for everyone:

CONTROL
- Gas, RPM, Speed = incandescent, red, #74 bulb.
- Oil Press, Oil Temp, Engine Temp, Batt = LED, red, T1.5

Full power:
You must be registered for see images

Lights dimmed as low as possible before going OFF:

As you can see, the LEDs don't dim down as far as the incandescent bulbs do.
Personally, I prefer the ultra-low ability, so I went with the incandescent bulbs.
Also, the LEDs were a little more orange-ish, while the red incandescents were a nice deep blood-red.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CONTROL

Full power:

Personally, I prefer the ultra-low ability, so I went with the incandescent bulbs.
Also, the LEDs were a little more orange-ish, while the red incandescents were a nice deep blood-red.

It may be your photos but they look pink and yellow.

Kevan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It may be your photos but they look pink and yellow.
It's probably a combination of my camera trying to shoot super-low light (and not doing a very good job of it) and your monitors settings.
The red does look a little pink here in the full-power pic, but shows up red in the low-power pic.

Would have been nice if the LEDs dimmed as low as the incandecents, but.....

Real_Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Went ahead and did this mod as well. For $13 and about two hours from start to finish, it is one of the coolest mods I've done.

You must be registered for see images attach

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

CONTROL

Full power:

Modding already....:)

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally found the time to put in GOOD leds. The others I bought were junk. They are great at night. They are so bright you have to turn them down a bit.

Attachments

• IMAG0281.jpg
    IMAG0281.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 41
  • IMAG0282.jpg
    IMAG0282.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 26
  • IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0283.jpg
    IMAG0283.jpg