New Coupe Media Pics ... 5MP+ Previews 640x480 inside

VetteC5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys ...

I know I am VetteC5 ... but I love the Viper too ...

I just found these pics and uploaded them to my gallery ... I have posted 640x480 samples here ..

Link to Full Res Gallery: http://vorlon.case.edu/~aap8/gallery/viper/

You must be registered for see images

Let me know what you think ...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't like the look since the lines don't flow. Here's why:
1. There's a joint over the front windshield. Why?
2. Rear bumper has too many surfaces. I like the diffuser.
3. The rear hatch is not wide at the rear.
4. The window line doesn't match the door line.

And the main reason I wouldn't buy it is that in the 10 years from the 96 coupe to the 06 coupe, the horsepower has gone up from 450hp to 500hp. What a lack of vision at the top!

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, that is the final? well I thought DC would pull something out of the bag at the last minute, but no, one thing is for sure the value of my GTS just went up. I have already placed my deposit with Woodhouse, and even though I am a little let down I will still purchase the new coupe. I plan on lowering it some, and do some head work to increase hp to around 550 or so,also probably add wing to rear. I quess I am really a Viper die hard.....

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics. Everything in that blue/white looks good to me. I am not breaking out the "for sale" sign just yet... but that does not look bad at all. Does it look as good as the GTSR, not even close. But it does look better than the new Z06.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color....

But put the press pics of a GTS next to it......

I REALLY like the color.

But looking out over the curvaceous hood and stripes of a GTS - well, there's nothing like it. The great butt of a GTS just seems to have been created by one sweeping line. This is an angular car, trying too hard to get some curves.

The Comp Coupe took the new lines of the Viper - edgier - better aero - and made a coupe version that was unique. It flowed and the look was cohesive.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think the fat lady has already sung and has left the building. We are in 2005 and this is the 2006? I'm sure they are well into the pre-production phase of the above car. The 96-02 GTS may someday be like the sought after, highly appreciated 63-67 vette.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great color....

But put the press pics of a GTS next to it......

I REALLY like the color.

But looking out over the curvaceous hood and stripes of a GTS - well, there's nothing like it. The great butt of a GTS just seems to have been created by one sweeping line. This is an angular car, trying too hard to get some curves.

The Comp Coupe took the new lines of the Viper - edgier - better aero - and made a coupe version that was unique. It flowed and the look was cohesive.

Those photos are from the roof top party they put together for last night's debut. DCX contacted a local Mopar club for cars to go to the party. I offered use of my '00 GTS and DCX decided they didn't want any gen I/IIs near the debut of their new coupe. I guess so comparisons like the one you mention wouldn't occur.

GTS234

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First picture is the best (more direct light). Really shows the benefit of them lowering the car about, oh what, a full 3 inches or more over how it sat in the studio pictures. Wonder what the ride height (ground clearance) is in the first three pics, 2 - 2.5 inches? How about real world ride height (4-5 inch) with the tire to top of wheel opening clearance being right (like in the first three pics)? ANY chance? (I can hear everyone, in unison, saying "No, no chance").

The aluminum panel on the console and up the dash looks like a cheap, aftermarket bad idea.

Wheels are OK, but.......... At least they polished them since VOI.

MoparMan, any quotes from the DC guy who is speaking in the first pic?

I think the comment about the GTS becoming the new mid-year ('63-'67) Corvette is correct.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aluminum centerpiece must go.

Car must go faster - 600 HP. Last iteration fixed the brakes, now this one must fix the HP to stay well ahead of the competition.

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aluminum centerpiece must go.

Car must go faster - 600 HP. Last iteration fixed the brakes, now this one must fix the HP to stay well ahead of the competition.

John, took the words right outta my mouth. Yet, two things,

1. The car's design is beautiful.
2. DC is playing Possum with us by hiding the actual RWHP/RWTQ/cu. Inch values
2.5 The aluminum centerpiece Must GO.
3. No John, The above is not billable services! :lol:

Jay K.

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one on top looks pretty good lowered, but the back end is F/N ugly...Is the 4X4 version on the bottom the actual car that will hit the showroom ??? AL...

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is it a gorgeous, rounded, **** rear end, or a sharp, edgy, straight lined front end kind of car?
I am so confused.
Had to run out and look at my 01 GTS - talk about a timeless design...

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Bob Lutz works at GM now.
And that says a lot for the new Z06. Lots of carbon fiber reduces it's curb weight to 3130 lbs while 7.0 liter V8 pumps out the same horsepower as the Viper 8.3 liter V10. All this for around 10K less than a Viper.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some comparison shots of the Z06 and the Viper coupe.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't care for either one but, and I hate to say it, the vette's styling is more consistent throughout.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good comparison. You know we have a problem when the Vette interior makes the Viper interior look bad... Please say it will have more HP.

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<snip>
MoparMan, any quotes from the DC guy who is speaking in the first pic?

I didn't get to go - attendance was limited to the 6 whose cars they used plus the invitees (who I assume were press types). I would guess little attention was given to the use of the current SRT drivetrain but alot was made of their "use" of VCA input in the design.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...hate me but I think the new couple is gorgeous. Who the **** cares about the stock HP ,it's going to be MODIFIED anyways.LOL!

That Viper coupe is gorgeous ....droooooool...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery