New Custom Stereo

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just had this custom stereo system put in. Here are some pictures to give you some ideas in case you are thinking about having one done. I was pretty impressed with this guys work (Elroy). If any of you local guys want a custom stereo done go to Car Toys @ Park Meadows Mall off of Yosemite. Talk to John or Elroy.
10396Picture_0011-med.jpg
[/image]
10396Picture_004-med.jpg
[/image]

joshwars

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which components did you use? Obviously JL Audio Sub and Amp, what are the specs front to back? Is that leather in the hatch or vinyl or? How long did the install take? Did you also have a cover made to hide the gear from prying eyes?

Looks very clean, nice setup!

93Cobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice...Looks like a really clean install. Also, it looks like you still have access to your spare.

:2tu:

OP
OP
V

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which components did you use? Obviously JL Audio Sub and Amp, what are the specs front to back? Is that leather in the hatch or vinyl or? How long did the install take? Did you also have a cover made to hide the gear from prying eyes?

Looks very clean, nice setup!

The door component speakers are Focal v2, JL Amp is 300/4 75w rms x 4 or 150w rms x 2 (2 channel) and the sub 10" 10w6v2 400w. Not sure but I think they ran it 2 channel to the sub and component speakers. The hatch is vinyl to match the factory panels. CarToys had the car for four days. I need to get a cover soon.

These Focal are one of the best sounding speakers I've ever heard. Metallica sounds bitchin! :headbang:

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE! Thats HOT....Good job...That looks sooooooooo Professional.....can't get done much nicer than that! :headbang:

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice install.

However, did you know you're not supposed to cover up the rear vents? If you open your window at high speeds your rear hatch may blow open. The rear vents were put there to vent air rushing in from the windows and when the air bag blows.

Do you hear any resonance when the windows are down?

OP
OP
V

Venom-US

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you hear any resonance when the windows are down?

No. I was going down the hwy around 65 the other day with the windows down and no resonance. It's not really air tight so to speak but I'm sure it restricts a lot of air. I'll will have to roll the windows up at real high speeds. Maybe I could get one of the panels vented. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang