New Dodge Viper Performance Parts

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To: All Dodge Dealers

Attention: Parts Mangers

The Dodge Viper continues to be the premier muscle car. Now you can feed your customer's appetite for performance with help from MOPAR Performance.

"New" Viper Short Block Assembly
Includes:
>Block
>Pistons
>Connecting Rods
>Crankshaft
>Crankshaft Bearings

8.3L Short block for manual trans vehicles - P5155248 MSRP $6454.00
8.3L Short block for auto trans vehicles - P5155248 MSRP $6554.00
[Viper truck application or can be modified for Viper]

Stage 1 Engine Control Module - P5155254 MSRP $1159.00
2008-09 Vipers - Off road use Only
>Spark and fuel tables have been modified to function when "power adders" like headers, cat back exhaust, aftermarket cams and cool air inlet systems are used. The computer will sense the additional air flow and will compensate with appropriate fuel and spark to maximize perfoemance.
>Power adders can be used without turning on dash warning lights. Catalysts and O2 sensors can be removed without tripping warning lights or causing limp mode to activate.
>Revised fuel/spark tables are intended for power levels below 700hp [This controller is not intended for use with nitrous, superchargers or packages that go above 700hp]
>1 - 4 skip shift feature in the production calibration is eliminated.
>Rev limit increases from 6400 rpm to 6500 rmp.
>Tachometer is more sensitive, 25 rpm updates vs. production calibration of 100 rpms.
>Engine idle speed increased from 700 rpm to 750 rpm.
>The TTC pedal/throttle MAP has been refined to improve pedel feel.
>93 octane fuel use only.

Differential Assembly - P5153993 MSRP $1600.00
2008 Viper differential assembly with Visco Loc limited slip differential [Direct replacement for 2003-06 and 2008 differential assemblies]. Complete differential assembly with all new components and MOPAR Performance gear set - fully assembly to production specifications.
Assembly includes:
>New aluminum housing with specialty cast-in bosses for MOPAR Performance differential cooler fittings [Bosses are drilled, tapped and pluged in three places, ready for cooler fitting installation]
>New improved design pinion seal.
>3:06-1 gear set.

Clutch Conversion Kit - P5155122 MSRP $585.00
Converts a 2005-06 Viper to a 2008 Dual Disc Clutch [Requires P5155123 Six Speed Transmission Kit - Not compatible on Vipers with a flywheel crank trigger]

Six Speed Transmission Kit - P5155123 MSRP $3495.00
2008 Viper 6-spd
Includes:
>Transmission
>Shifter Base
>Prop Shaft
>Crossmember

Your Viper customers are passionate about speed, be the frirst to inform your Viper customers about these new performabce parts!

:D Tator's Dodge :D
Less 10% VCA discount :cool:
914-763-3136

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great news about the ECU, the price is much less than what Mark at Woodhouse thought it would be. I will be making my first trip to Tators for this on my ACR.

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new ECU...93 octane only...here in lovely broke CA we can only buy 91 octane unless at a track...oh well.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new ECU...93 octane only...here in lovely broke CA we can only buy 91 octane unless at a track...oh well.

:brick::brick::brick:
Unless we flip for the Unocal 101 at over $6/gal. Oh, well, we in CA will just have to wait for someone like SCT to come out w/ a crack and then tune the cars ourselves.

So why don't gas companies offer 93 in CA as even 101 Unleaded is available in select Unocal gas stations?

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the cost to replace the rear diff on my 06 with the new one installed and out the door

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you run a qtr tank of the 100 octane available at some 76 stations (Agoura is the closest to me) or Alliance stations have Trick 100, you'll be at 93+ octane. If your cars a daily driver it's kind of a pain but I did it for years with my old blown Camaro. I used to go pick up 20 gals. and store them in my garage, I'd add as needed. If your going to track your car, just swap pcm's as needed, it's not a big deal. If you have storage concerns, some of the Alliance stations sell the Trick 100 unleaded in five gallon drums as well (West end of Simi Valley on LA Avenue).

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that transmission and clutch is direct replacement on a gen III?

I forget which genIII's had a cranks trigger on the fly wheel

SRTLEN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck,

Too bad, only 91 octane available locally! Other wise I would be interested.

Last edited:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Dodge Viper continues to be the premier muscle car. Now you can feed your customer's appetite for performance with help from MOPAR Performance.

Includes:
>Block
>Pistons
>Connecting Rods
>Crankshaft
>Crankshaft Bearings

>Spark and fuel tables have been modified to function when "power adders" like headers, cat back exhaust, aftermarket cams and cool air inlet systems are used. The computer will sense the additional air flow and will compensate with appropriate fuel and spark to maximize perfoemance.
>Power adders can be used without turning on dash warning lights. Catalysts and O2 sensors can be removed without tripping warning lights or causing limp mode to activate.
>Revised fuel/spark tables are intended for power levels below 700hp [This controller is not intended for use with nitrous, superchargers or packages that go above 700hp]
>Tachometer is more sensitive, 25 rpm updates vs. production calibration of 100 rpms.

2008 Viper differential assembly with Visco Loc limited slip differential [Direct replacement for 2003-06 and 2008 differential assemblies]. Complete differential assembly with all new components and MOPAR Performance gear set - fully assembly to production specifications.
Assembly includes:
>New aluminum housing with specialty cast-in bosses for MOPAR Performance differential cooler fittings [Bosses are drilled, tapped and pluged in three places, ready for cooler fitting installation]

Converts a 2005-06 Viper to a 2008 Dual Disc Clutch [Requires P5155123 Six Speed Transmission Kit - Not compatible on Vipers with a flywheel crank trigger]

2008 Viper 6-spd
Includes:
>Transmission
>Shifter Base
>Prop Shaft
>Crossmember

Your Viper customers are passionate about speed, be the frirst to inform your Viper customers about these new performabce parts!

914-763-3136

Chuck --

Thanks for posting this info; quick questions: (1) Because we have 92 octane premium fuel here in Oregon, would adding a bottle of the octane booster you see at the local parts store before filling up the tank get me to 93 octane? (2) Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse posted that the Mopar ECU ignores the rear O2 sensors, would this interfere with plug-in emissions testing as is done here on Oregon (the sensor at the local testing stattion plugs into the OBD II port and must see that the O2 sensor is "Ready" in order to get data and thereby pass emissions testing)?

Thanks again.

/Rich

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Differential assembly looks like it's priced right. Do they offer a different ratios?

Anyone care to comment on '08 differential vs. Quaiffe?

Reaction score
Chuck- are the 2008 heads available yet? Price?

Arrow and I are working on the packaging price of this also just like the PCM was. The initial price was quite high and I did not think that they would sell any at that price point. They have all the parts but have not started production pieces yet. The heads are ported and the new intake alone should be worth 25+ hp.

I was not aware that the PCM price was actually released??? thanks for posting it though Chuck. The PCM will probably work fine on 92 octane but I would be a bit leery about a hot track day with it.

BLWNGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assembly includes:
914-763-3136

Can we specify different ratios?!? I really want some 3.33's!!!

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any chance the 08 trans can fit in the GenII? I need a beefy trans...

What about the diff...mine is going to be upgraded soon.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arrow and I are working on the packaging price of this also just like the PCM was. The initial price was quite high and I did not think that they would sell any at that price point. They have all the parts but have not started production pieces yet. The heads are ported and the new intake alone should be worth 25+ hp.

I was not aware that the PCM price was actually released??? thanks for posting it though Chuck. The PCM will probably work fine on 92 octane but I would be a bit leery about a hot track day with it.

Whoa, I was not even aware that they were developing a 2008+ ported heads package. Thanks! I would love any details you can provide about these especially whether they will require the Mopar ECU to work properly with a Belanger-equipped car.

On the 93 octane issue, I do take my 2008 to driving schools so I guess I would need to find some process to bump up my octane from 92 to 93. Again, would pouring a bottle of octane booster from my local Pep Boys do the trick?

Thanks! I feel like a kid in a candy store right now.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark -- Thanks; I see you answered the octane boost part of my question in the other thread: Bottom line, if you are taking a Mopar ECU-equipped car to a driving school/track then use 93 octane fuel. Folks with access to 92 octane should dump a full bottle of good octane booster in the tank to be used at the track day.

Out of curiosity, is there a brand of octane booster that is readily available at local parts stores that people can recommend as a quality product? If I go with the Mopar ECU I will probably buys a case and keep a few bottles in the trunk of the Viper to keep it operating smoothly.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, is there a brand of octane booster that is readily available at local parts stores that people can recommend as a quality product? If I go with the Mopar ECU I will probably buys a case and keep a few bottles in the trunk of the Viper to keep it operating smoothly.

Most octane boosters aren't worth the money so buyer beware. I've used NOS's racing forumla with no problem in CA on a car tuned for 93 octane. I then tried to switch to NOS's off-road formula because it's cheaper, then the car started pinging. But it sure was a pain in the a$$ to add octane booster with every ten gallons.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most octane boosters aren't worth the money so buyer beware. I've used NOS's racing forumla with no problem in CA on a car tuned for 93 octane. I then tried to switch to NOS's off-road formula because it's cheaper, then the car started pinging. But it sure was a pain in the a$$ to add octane booster with every ten gallons.

Thanks for the feedback Bruce. Is this the NOS product you used: Octane Boosters - NOS Racing Formula Octane Booster (12 oz.) ?

Also, interesting article that actually did some testing on NOS and some other octane boosters:

Octane Boosters Testing - Tech Review - European Car Magazine

The full table for the NOS test is here: [media]http://image.europeancarweb.com/f/8928718/0503ec_techboost_chart2.jpg[/media]

So according to this chart, adding .8 fl oz of the NOS racing formula to 1 gal of California's Shell 91 octane resulted in an increase to 93.7 octane. So assuming a Viper fuel tank is 16 gallons, I would need approximately 12 fluid ounces, which by chance is the bottle content of the NOS racing formula. Since I am starting at 92 octane here in Oregon, I assume the "after" octane number would be actually higher, around the 94 mark.

Of course complicating the question is that on pages 177-178 the 2008 owners manual recommends against using additives that contain MMT or methanol. The NOS racing formula uses MMT.

Last edited:

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck and/or Mark, would there be any benefit to running the new ECM on 91 octane?

Thanks,

Flash

Includes:
>Block
>Pistons
>Connecting Rods
>Crankshaft
>Crankshaft Bearings

Assembly includes:

2008 Viper 6-spd
Includes:
>Transmission
>Shifter Base
>Prop Shaft
>Crossmember

914-763-3136

Reaction score
Chuck and/or Mark, would there be any benefit to running the new ECM on 91 octane?

Thanks,

Flash

It is NOT recommended by the SRT team, the timing is advanced and A/F optimized for the 93. You might be able to get by with the 92 in normal weather but higher temps or at the track you should use the 93.

OP
OP
V

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Best I can find out about the availability of these parts as of 12/15 1040:

P5155248 N/A yet?
P5155249 N/A yet?
P5155254 10 on back order, N/A yet?
P5153993 1 in stock
P5155122 N/A yet?
P5155123 N/A yet?

I'll [and Mark] keep checking with them and let everyone know when they become available. :cool:

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Whoa, I was not even aware that they were developing a 2008+ ported heads package. Thanks! I would love any details you can provide about these especially whether they will require the Mopar ECU to work properly with a Belanger-equipped car.

On the 93 octane issue, I do take my 2008 to driving schools so I guess I would need to find some process to bump up my octane from 92 to 93. Again, would pouring a bottle of octane booster from my local Pep Boys do the trick?

Rich.....shoot me an email and Ill send you a flyer on it....

Problem is, the Part numbers are one element......pricing is another..... but AVAIALIBILTY? Vaporware...

Reaction score

Rich,
actually I miss punctuated that statement. The heads do not need work, the intake is what they have developed for an upgrade. I know there have been a couple tuners that have polished the heads but Arrow says there is no benefit to doing that.

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich,
actually I miss punctuated that statement. The heads do not need work, the intake is what they have developed for an upgrade. I know there have been a couple tuners that have polished the heads but Arrow says there is no benefit to doing that.

Mark and Jon --

Thanks for the clarifications; Jon -- e-mail sent.

/Rich

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang