New exhaust

94yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just installed 3" Roe Racing mufflers & Cats a few weeks ago. Fired car up for about 20 minutes at idle a couple of times , I was wondering how long it takes to get the smell of the oil on system to stop. I can't take it out on the road yet, insurance doesn't come on until April 1( PA.) Is the smell normal?

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same setup as you on my 95 but never had that smell. Not sure whats up.

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same exhaust. When I first put it on, there was some glue still on the pipes from the packaging that burned off. It smelled a bit at first, but not like oil. It's been on a while and there is no oil smell. There is a more noticable exhaust smell.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I too put the Roe system on my '95. They had a couple of labels on them that took a few minutes to bake off. But no oil smell to speak of. I also used the Roe hi-flow cats which were essentially a straight pipe with mesh screen. From time to time I would notice the 'rotten egg' smell that you sometimes experience with catless cars. I'm sure your smell will go away the first time you get the car moving down the road.

OP
OP

94yellow

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ran the car again smell decreasing some after shuting down I see some smoke coming out of the exhaust. Need to wait 18 more days so I can get the pipes good and hot. It may be the the egg smell I'm not use too. Thaks for your help.
Exhaust sure sounds good even if its just idleing.