New Forum Suggestions & Bug List

Reaction score
Close, but the reality is that we have decided that we are not going to be adding avatars and signatures for non-VCA Members at this time.

LOL!! Something that goes AGAINST what the policy has been for, oh, 8+ years! Change the things that NEED changing, eh? I didn't think the VCA could make me laugh harder....thanks for that!! :)

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how much bandwidth does the VCA site consume monthly? Its never down so it must be hosted on a decent connection.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Chris and Keith for all your help getting me logged back in, and now I can post pictures and a signature!!! YAYYYY...Appreciate it GREATLY! :cool:

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't see the page where you can edit your VCA number. I wanted to change my location (displayed under the avatar when you post) so I thought it might be on the same page as the VIN. If it's in a different location, if someone can let me know, that would be great.

Low priority but thought I would let someone know.

Thanks,
Santo

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Santo,
I tried to edit it myself on the old forum, and listed ourselves as "NY/CT VCA Members" where the CITY/LOCATION was, and then it needed to be approved by the moderators.
You could try that, or just notify one of the moderators that you wish to have wherever you are located listed under your name. (Once you try to do it yourself, it seems to automatically GO to the moderator for approval, that's what happened to me).
~juli~

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see the page where you can edit your VCA number. I wanted to change my location (displayed under the avatar when you post) so I thought it might be on the same page as the VIN. If it's in a different location, if someone can let me know, that would be great.

Low priority but thought I would let someone know.

Thanks,
Santo
Noted and fixed! :2tu:

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Noted and fixed! :2tu:

What service :)

But...

In User CP on the "Edit Profile" page in the "Additional Information" section I see the following entry boxes with the following information in them (in order)

Biography - nothing in it (makes sense)
Location - City/Province (Whoo hoo! That's what I wanted to change!)
Interests - nothing in it (I have no interests)
Occupation - nothing in it (I never put one in)
extra_1 - nothing in it ("extra_1" is the description so not sure what it is)
VCA Member Number - proper description but nothing in it (number not listed in this one)
Viper VIN - proper description but nothing in it (VIN not listed in this one)
Phone Number - nothing in it (it's not listed in this one)
VCA Member Number - "extra_2 is description (has my member number in this one)
Viper VIN - "extra_3" is the description (has my VIN in it)
Address - "extra_4" is description (has my phone number in it)
Extra_5 - "extra_5" is description (has my address in it)

Just thought I'd follow-up before things get messed up.

Thanks again,
Santo

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No worries, there are a few extra fields in there for now just due to the nature of the import. Nothing that will affect the site at all. Thanks for the heads up!

What service :)

But...

In User CP on the "Edit Profile" page in the "Additional Information" section I see the following entry boxes with the following information in them (in order)

Biography - nothing in it (makes sense)
Location - City/Province (Whoo hoo! That's what I wanted to change!)
Interests - nothing in it (I have no interests)
Occupation - nothing in it (I never put one in)
extra_1 - nothing in it ("extra_1" is the description so not sure what it is)
VCA Member Number - proper description but nothing in it (number not listed in this one)
Viper VIN - proper description but nothing in it (VIN not listed in this one)
Phone Number - nothing in it (it's not listed in this one)
VCA Member Number - "extra_2 is description (has my member number in this one)
Viper VIN - "extra_3" is the description (has my VIN in it)
Address - "extra_4" is description (has my phone number in it)
Extra_5 - "extra_5" is description (has my address in it)

Just thought I'd follow-up before things get messed up.

Thanks again,
Santo

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
1) Old Dog Here, hates new tricks. Also Love my OLD Viper best. WOOF, GRRRRR !
2) Logo-header format is humongous....25% of page Height? Too Big.
3) Sponsors banners got thinner-smaller....rates stayed the same?
4) You can stick all these gremlins up your hennesseee...give me my USA FLAG BACK?.
5) My avtar-avatar-small picture went away. See item #1 above.
6) My sponsorship avtar sig went away..Im proud to have PAID HERE since 1996.
7) Some gobbledee **** is in my signature now and I cannot delete it (see Item #1)
8) Why are Events and Gatherings Forum VCA MEMBER POSTS ONLY? NOT FRIENDLY.
9) I plan to be patient and try to learn the newness.
10) This 'new' site probably cost $$$+. It sure cost Time+++++. I dont see ANY benefit at all. This probably serves to highlight just how stupid I am in re WEB STUFF. See # 1.

Thanks to all who are DONATING their precious time in this quixotic quest.

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I PMed Chris a few times and got no response. Also ViperJay.

Few things, my sponsor status went away, i am a VCA member and it doesnt show it and i dont have access to VCA forums here. My signature is away, and i need an avatar which i emailed but i need the other stuff changed first.

Reaction score

Few things, my sponsor status went away, i am a VCA member and it doesnt show it and i dont have access to VCA forums here. My signature is away, and i need an avatar which i emailed but i need the other stuff changed first.

Chris is ENROUTE to Doug's to pick up and drive back his Viper....so give him a little time. In the interim....contact Lee, he might be able to help.

All the missing stuff will come back, just growing pains of the upgrade.....we've been there, done that, several times.....nature of the beast. :)

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that is a good idea. i also think only 125 characters is not enough. 200/300 would be nice.

What is the big deal here? I agree with this. Increase the signature characters. I personaly like to list my vehicles as noted below. As of now I can not change this.:cuss:

I like the ability to post my own avatar. Thank you for opening up this option.

Bolt

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

All fixed up.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1) Old Dog Here, hates new tricks. Also Love my OLD Viper best. WOOF, GRRRRR !
2) Logo-header format is humongous....25% of page Height? Too Big.
3) Sponsors banners got thinner-smaller....rates stayed the same?
4) You can stick all these gremlins up your hennesseee...give me my USA FLAG BACK?.
5) My avtar-avatar-small picture went away. See item #1 above.
6) My sponsorship avtar sig went away..Im proud to have PAID HERE since 1996.
7) Some gobbledee **** is in my signature now and I cannot delete it (see Item #1)
8) Why are Events and Gatherings Forum VCA MEMBER POSTS ONLY? NOT FRIENDLY.
9) I plan to be patient and try to learn the newness.
10) This 'new' site probably cost $$$+. It sure cost Time+++++. I dont see ANY benefit at all. This probably serves to highlight just how stupid I am in re WEB STUFF. See # 1.

Thanks to all who are DONATING their precious time in this quixotic quest.

Your responses, in order:

1. Woof yourself. :D
2. AGREED 100% and waiting for Diversified Programming to get us a new header.
3. Links/banner sizes will change - rates? Not sure yet...
4. USA flag will be added as a post icon after a small bug is fixed. Just added over 150 smilies tonight! :usa:
5. Easy to fix yourself, but feel free to e-mail me your pic and I will take care of it.
6. Easy to fix your signature too. Just click on "User CP" towards the top.
7. See #6
8. Happy to make sure you can post there too. Just not the spammers - unless you WANT to enter the next big import car show in Moscow? :naughty:
9. It will pay off in spades, of that I can assure you.
10. Agree with all but the middle part. But we added a smilie just for you: :comp1:

We will make sure you enjoy it with the rest of us Mr. B!

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't seen this asked yet, and I just noticed it last night. Why are we only allowed to have 100 pm's now?
I'm going to venture a guess here and say that it's because I'm not a VCA member?

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have we lost the ability to edit our post after it is submitted? Thanks.
Nope!

Time Limit on Editing of Thread Title
The time-limit (in minutes) within which the thread title may be edited by the user who started the thread: 5

Time Limit on Editing of Posts
Time limit (in minutes) for editing of messages: 1440. After this time limit only moderators will be able edit or delete the message. 1 day = 1440 minutes.

Time to Wait Before Starting to Display "Edited by..."
Time limit (in minutes) to allow user to edit the post without the "Edited by _______" message appearing at the bottom of the edited post: 5

Hope that helps and let us know if you have any troubles with these settings! :2tu:

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Chris -

First off, I want to congratulate you, your Moderators and all the respected VCA members for going with Jelsoft. Argueably the best bulletin Board software available. Infopop, now Groupee, in my opinion is a complete joke, so is their customer service and I know from experience! I am also aware that your old ubb classic Board did not have upgrades and Groupee shut down support for that style Board.Thanks Mr. O´Neill, we really appreciate it! I only see a few issues. #1 is your flash header banner image, the big image at the top. If you look closely, you will see that because it´s a rotating flash image, it slows down the Board big time. I thought about a big flash image also for my Board but ruled it out once I was informed that it would slow down the performance of the Board overall and I am convinced that changing this to a static image will speed up the VCA Board immensely. Again, I 'speak' from experince and prefer function over form or speed over looks.

Let me stress this again ---

The idea should be entertained to change the flagship flash image at top of Forum page to a static image - this will greatly speed up the Board and make it more user friendly.

The next thing I see is you obviously paid a Webmaster or Geek to tweak your Board and I like the general layout but the grey and blue does not flow as well as it should. If I were you, I´d get back to your Forum design Guy and request him to re-do the look and make the colors flow better and easier on the eyes.

I hope these suggestions help! :)

Last edited:

gringoray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris -

I also advise changing the Board´s font to Verdana and incresing font size. If you want, send me a PM and I will gladly let you check out my deal. Jelsoft is a great Forum!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper