New guy looking to buy... need advise

mbacker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I worked and out a price on a new 2004 SRT-10 with a local Dodge dealer. I can pick up the Viper for $63,000 out the door. Just want to know what the experienced members thought about this and if pricing will get any better.

I have been lurking on the board for a while and hope to be a new member with a new Viper soon.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would check with Pemberton at Woodhouse Dodge in Nebraska.

If anyone can get you a better deal, it would likely be him.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the car is exactly the color you want and it's local, $63K is a very good price. You *may* be able to find someone on the other side of the country who will beat that deal, but unless he's saving you $4-5K, I don't think it's worth it. There's no harm in trying to negotiate your dealer down, but if he won't budge, that's a very good price for a NEW SRT-10. (Actually, that's not an awful price for a used 2004 with low miles.)

OP
OP
M

mbacker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep that is out the door.

The car is 59300 + tax 3558 + plate and reg = 63,000 Total out of my pocket, and a free tank of premium to boot. This is for a BRAND NEW red 2004.

fastfun42

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a great deal. I was hoping to find a nice used one for that price. Do they have anymore at that price?

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2004 I paid $86000 out the door. Retail is $65000 on a 04 $60000 wholesale. Great deal, I'd jump on it! I never buy at the right times. It paid for you to wait! Ton's of Vipers out there now. Great Time to buy one

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The car is 59300 + tax 3558 + plate and reg = 63,000 Total out of my pocket, and a free tank of premium to boot. This is for a BRAND NEW red 2004.

Its new, they forgot to add on the gas guzzler tax.
Even so, that's a great deal.

OP
OP
M

mbacker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The gas guzzler is included in the 59300. :D Glad I am getting a good deal.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Now that you give us full disclosure on the deal, it sounds like a good buy if the $63k includes the tax's. :2tu:

P550racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you sure it is not a corvette convertible you are buying? (they do look similar:))That is the retail price of a loaded convertible vette. If this is a genuine deal??? than all I got to say that DC will have a hell of a time selling these cars Period!!! People like me who have paid almost $90K for these cars will be once bitten twice shy. This is worse than a Jaguar! I have not heard of any semi-speciality, limited number car (not even a vette) that loses 45% of it's value ($40K off $90K) in the first year, WITHOUT even been driven off the lot. I would do a thorough investiation, in regards to, if this car is a salvage car, flood car (there are a lot of new flood cars floating around due to Katrina & Rita, and they are bieng shipped cross country to entrap unsuspecting buyers), was wrecked in transit, had a major defect or a lemon. (you can post the VIN# here and we can check for you). Bottom line is that no dealership will stay in business or have a remote chance of ordering another viper, if they start giving away this kind of money(21% of what they paid for the car). Most Automobile manufacturers do a contract with dealerships, regarding speciality/halo vehicles, that they cannot majorly discount these vehicles or lose the ability to order them. If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Good luck,
Paul

P550racer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry had a mistake in my last post. According to mbaker the car he is buying brand new has taken a 33% hit off it's value ($30K off $90K). Still all the above comments hold true.