new jersey viper insurance

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just called my allstate agent and got shocked at the $3100 price tag of insurance from them. does any of the NJ guys here use someone who is cheaper.

35/married/a couple tickets (2).....(sounds like a classifieds ad)

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plumcrazy,

You can try Classic Automobile Insurance Agency at (800) 397-0765. I have a pleasure only policy with 5k miles a year and I pay $1500/yr. The tickets may cause you some trouble finding a policy. Also not sure if you want pleasure only driving. Hope this helps:)

Bandit400

OP
OP
P

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the pleasure driving will be hard for me. I wanna use it.

I noticed on the back of my policy that as of next week I lose 4 points and I will be down to a total of 4 points, so this should help.

NJ mfg's is my first call this AM.

THANX.

Bandit400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be suprised if NJ mfg's is going to be any cheaper. The problem is that you will be placed in an assigned risk category as long as you have points on your license. I had a two points and was insuring a C5, their quote was $5,000/YR. :shocked: You can also try www.geautoinsurance.com. I had the GTS insured under them first. They charged me $1900/yr. No points. :cool:

Bandit400

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup that sounds about right. Like Bandit4000 said you might have a problem finding a provider since you have a few points. Gotta love NJ for their outrageous insurance rates and few providers. I am 18 with a clean record and paying $5000 a year and that is in my father's name. $10,000 if in my name.