NEW LED Lighting Options for Gen-3 & 4!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to bring a little attention to a package we have been putting together. We are now packaging a complete kit to rid the entire vehicle of just about every last incandecent bulb that is being used. We have spent a bit of time on this, trying different manufacturers to get a good balance of comparable brightness between the various locations around the vehicle.

These packages will come in three variations:

Dashboard: Replaces all back-lighting for gauge cluster, as well as dash warning lamps. Customer selectable colors [This has been available for a while]
Interior Package: This includes Footwell lighting, and Rear View Mirror [We broke these out to accommodate those who already have the Dash package]
Exterior Package: Brake, Reverse, Rear Running, Rear Side Marker, License Plate, Front Turn Signal [White/Amber Switchback type], Front Side Marker, Fog Lamps

Pricing is still moving around a bit, but right now it is sitting around $450 for the entire car, inside and out.

Lastly, for those who need the ultimate in color matching, we will be offering SMD related services, to change the coloring of Radio Buttons, Window Switches, Door Lock Switches, and Power Mirror Adjuster. This remains un-priced at this point, as we are still acquiring the parts to get these done. However the labor will surely far exceed the parts content, but trying to keep it in the ~250 range for all the pieces installed on a Flat Charge basis. We will also likely break out the radio by itself, as many people may opt to leave the Window/Lock/Mirror alone, as they are so dim and so far from everything else that they have little visual impact.

I am working on getting these on the website ASAP. I have a car here that has been fully outfitted on the exterior, but the weather is preventing me from getting any decent pictures. I will see what I can do. In the mean time, this photo is of a car with UV Gauge Backlights, All LED indicators, White LED Mirror, White LED Footwell, White LED KeyRing, & White LED HVAC [HVAC is white LED, but internal Color Filter is making it blue-ish matching the gauges very well- left on purpose, and I will match the Radio the same way]

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

sharky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color me there as soon as you have it ready. The gauges you have on the dashboard are certainly different than my display. Am I missing something or what have you done with this car?

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in this! I'd want the entire dash+interior+exterior package. fwiw, it'd be really nice if you could include/post instructions with pics for installation. :)

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Color me there as soon as you have it ready. The gauges you have on the dashboard are certainly different than my display. Am I missing something or what have you done with this car?

Pectel Intelligent Color Display.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The Gen-4 based car above has a Pectel SQ6M12 Engine Management System including an Omega ICD with our proprietary template matched to the color scheme, as well as a MyGig Radio [Infotainment System] conversion.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm definitely interested in this! I'd want the entire dash+interior+exterior package. fwiw, it'd be really nice if you could include/post instructions with pics for installation. :)

We will be doing this for the more complicated portions, yes. Much of it is very, very simple.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not the best pictures... but they give the idea.

Head/Running/Fog in Normal Mode:

Head/Running/Fog in Signal Mode:

Front Head/Running/Fogs:

Rear Shot:

sharky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks great. Once again I must ask for your patience as I love to own and drive my cars but it is certainly safer for the entire neighbourhood if I stay away from actually working with tools. That being said, how easily are the various changes done? Where do I get the Intelligent Display, is it a universal style application, and can my local dealership make the changes?

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It looks great. Once again I must ask for your patience as I love to own and drive my cars but it is certainly safer for the entire neighbourhood if I stay away from actually working with tools. That being said, how easily are the various changes done? Where do I get the Intelligent Display, is it a universal style application, and can my local dealership make the changes?

Hello,

What type of changes are you referring to in particular? The LED lighting aspect, MyGig, or the Omega ICD related items?

To answer your other questions;

We are official distributors for the Pectel/Pi line of products, and can supply/install/program them all. The Omega ICD is both a Universal Digital Dash as well as a CAN Datastream decoding dash for Pectel Engine Management Systems as well as a few other top-level ECU manufacturers. It can be run in CAN Decode Mode as well as Standalone Mode, and is available in both Display-Only and Display/Logging variants. The above system is decoding the datastream from a Pectel SQ6M12 ECU which is running the Gen-4 engine in its entirety, seen here on the top right with the (3) connectors at the end of the Mil-Spec harness;

We can build end-user installable setups which are shipped with a Dash, Bracket, and Modified Column Cover along with an unfinished wiring harness such as what we have done for Woodhouse in the past, but in any case it takes a good bit of electrical expertise and general fabrication skills to properly install a system in a trouble-free fashion. Installers who don't understand what they are doing or don't want to take the time to do it correctly end up installing problems, rather than solutions.

It is also worth noting that most of the display functions of that particular ICD in the pictures are not redundant to factory gauges, they are in addition to. These points of information are dependent on the Pectel ECU and sensor system, as the factory ECU does not have nearly as many sensors as the Pectel systems do, and thus a standard vehicle has less information access. That is not to say however that additional sensors cannot be added, or that you cannot tap into alternate or redundant points in order to populate the screen. Things like the Shift Light Array, Warning Lamps, and Screen Brightness/layout are all software configurable in any case.

The OE car would have access to:
-RPM
-Engine Temp
-Oil Temp
-Oil Pressure
-Volts
-Intake Air Temp
-Manifold Pressure [Load]
-Speed
-Throttle Position
-Pedal Position
-Fan Status
-A/C status

Additional sensors can be added:
-Wheelspeed [a F and R sensor will allow you to calculate Wheel Slip Speed or Percentage]
-Fuel Pressure [Standard or Differential type]
-Trans or Diff Temp
-Air/Fuel Ratio
-Exhaust Temperatures
-Boost Pressure [if secondary to OE sensor]
-G-Forces
-Brake Temps
-Suspension Travel Max/Min
-Strain Gauges [Down force, etc]
-Tire Temps
-Telemetry Systems/GPS data/Track Mapping
-Intercooler Temps
-Turbo Turbine Speed

And the list goes on, and on, and on. The limit of the OE system are the available sensors. The limit of a Pectel based system or an ICD in Standalone Mode is pretty much your understanding of what data you may want to have access to.

If we can help you out in any way, or you have any more questions, just let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan put me down to a set. Hopefully I can get to it this winter...

Will do.

Also working on a possible solution that may actually allow a Plug and Play MyGig now that I have jumped into SMD design & CAN related items, hopefully speeding up and cheapening the MyGig install process. I need to get my hands on your car again at some point anyway... but the more at one time, the merrier, ha.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perfect. Sounds like a plan. Now I just need to find the money. Haha
Will do.

Also working on a possible solution that may actually allow a Plug and Play MyGig now that I have jumped into SMD design & CAN related items, hopefully speeding up and cheapening the MyGig install process. I need to get my hands on your car again at some point anyway... but the more at one time, the merrier, ha.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my favorite upgrades I did to my ACR. Was able to do the entire interior/dash & rear licence plate in LEDs for under $100.
I will end up doing the tail and front turns over the winter.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Nader- let me know which portions of the setup you want via Text or E-Mail, and whether you want me to ship or hold them for now.
Nine Ball- I dont think I have your ordering info...? PM or e-mail me.
apeas2 & tatooed: See below

I have just added the items:
Gauge: www.viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=239
Interior: www.viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=242
Exterior: www.viperspecialtyperformance.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=244

viperJ

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Interested. Sent you a PM to call me when available if not Let me know best time to call. Thanks.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan - if you want that little amber marker light in the corner of the headlight to function, you need a NON-Polarized LED. The polarity on that socket switches depending on whether the blinker is on or not. It took quite a while to figure that out.

Derek

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan - if you want that little amber marker light in the corner of the headlight to function, you need a NON-Polarized LED. The polarity on that socket switches depending on whether the blinker is on or not. It took quite a while to figure that out.

Derek

Thanks Derek. No problem though, we solved this by switching a ground wire instead, flashing them in tandem. If you look in the photo above, that bulb is lit.

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Derek. No problem though, we solved this by switching a ground wire instead, flashing them in tandem. If you look in the photo above, that bulb is lit.

Ok. Well if someone didn't want to touch any wiring, and also have the stock alternating Blinker/Marker, then the non-polarized LED is all that is needed. It remains lit when in parking light mode.

http://vimeo.com/52408896

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It remains lit when in parking light mode.

While I can certainly offer it as an option, this is the reason we did not go that way. I was going for the full "white out" appearance on the front, only using Amber when the signals are actually activated. If the customers don't want to change wiring, but still want the "white out", they can simply leave the side bulb out, it is still visible from the side even without it, the whole assembly glows a bit. Or, if they dont mind the amber, sure, a non-polarized bulb is an option.

OP
OP
Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Update Guys;

We are waiting for the last few items on our stock order, and I am now moving onto some of the SMD interior parts. I figured I would list a few sample photos of what I am working on-

Side View Mirror Adjuster, Blue:

Window Switches, White:

MyGig Radio Faceplate, White vs. Blue:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper