New Member with a New Viper in Austin, TX!!

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I finally registered, as I finally got my new Viper! Of course it's not a 2008 but still brand new, and I think it's one of the hottest color combos I've ever seen. This is my first Viper, so I can't wait to get to driving it!!

I know that somewhere on here someone has the stats for all the Vipers produced in 2006 and I am wondering how many were made like mine with the black stripes and these wheels, just curious yo!

Also wondering who in the Austin, TX area is the go-to guy/place for getting the car worked on and dyno'd, tuned, mod'd etc.??

I saw another Viper around here recently that had a license plate that said something 'coachworks' but I didn't catch the whole name before the car sped away! Are there any cruise nights or anything that go on? I'd love to get together with other Viper owners in central TX.

Here are the pics!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

:D :D :D

SUPER MARIO 68

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Viper Dude,

I just bought my first Viper a few weeks ago and I totally love it. I have always been a classic muscle car freak but this car is just awesome. Just take it easy nailing the throtle around turns, I've spun around a few times until I got used to it, LOL.

Congrats, Good Luck and enjoy it.

Super Mario

moeviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome Viper,
A hearty howdy from Lubbock Texas. Once you're bitten there's no antidote. Have a blast. Be careful. Enjoy.

OP
OP
V

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS! And yes I've noticed it's power potential to spin the rear end really wide!

I came over from the land of Corvette's, and still have a C6 as a daily driver. I will say what I like about the Vette is it's ability, in competitive driving mode, to hang the rear end out left and right multiple times (and you can get real creative with it once you get a feel for how it works), yet never allow you to spin out.

So I'll reserve my urge to come around corners like an out of control maniac to the Vette, as those are a dime a dozen and if was to demolish it, well theres plenty more where that came from.

With the Viper, man, it's practically one of a kind, and that's why I love it so much!!

In fact when it got shipped into the local dealer, it had practically no gas in it, barely enough to start it up I guess, and they asked me to drive it to the gas station and then for a test drive to make sure there wasn't anything that needed to be fixed right away under warranty.

So the nearest gas station is literally like a 1/4 mi at most from the dealership exit. I drove out of the dealership and over to the gas station, and as soon as I pulled into the gas station I had people screaming from the main road "Nice car man!" and people at the gas station were coming over to look at it.

I was sort of blown away, as I read the stories about the attention these things get, but I thought how classic, I couldn't even drive a 1/4 out of the dealership without people being all excited over the car!

ASPIRATIONS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I finally registered, as I finally got my new Viper! Of course it's not a 2008 but still brand new, and I think it's one of the hottest color combos I've ever seen. This is my first Viper, so I can't wait to get to driving it!!

I know that somewhere on here someone has the stats for all the Vipers produced in 2006 and I am wondering how many were made like mine with the black stripes and these wheels, just curious yo!

Also wondering who in the Austin, TX area is the go-to guy/place for getting the car worked on and dyno'd, tuned, mod'd etc.??

I saw another Viper around here recently that had a license plate that said something 'coachworks' but I didn't catch the whole name before the car sped away! Are there any cruise nights or anything that go on? I'd love to get together with other Viper owners in central TX.

Here are the pics!!!

:D :D :D

Dodge only made 51 Copperhead coupes in 06 and only 9 with your combo of Black stripes and 5 Spoke wheels...Very nice and lots of luck with it!!:2tu:

Jackson06SRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Welcome I'm in Pflugerville right out side of Austin there is a really great shop in Buda called American Racing Technology.
Our club gets togather atleast once a month look up Ryan Fox his username is Got One he is the president for our area.

And great looking car!

voi9

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW! Nice color combo! :headbang: :2tu:
That would have been one of my next choice's.:drive:

OP
OP
V

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS!!!

And Aspirations man, thanks for the production numbers! I almost can't believe that it's one of only 9 made in the world, that's pretty awesome to know!

I know they made the copperead in color in 2005 also, but was it only on the 'copperhead' specially optioned cars? Which were all roadsters I think? Did they stripe any copperheads in 2005?

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet car. Love the coupe color combo. Going off tangent here...but what are the nicer/affluent areas of Austin? Thinking about moving out there from Houston in a couple of yrs. Congrats!

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome taste in your color choice! I'm envious. Isn't there a Viper club in your area? I'm a former Corvette guy (I still love Vettes) and think about picking up a C6 but worry about the constant repairs that Vipers don't do.

OP
OP
V

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The C6 is a fun daily driver, and it will get 20+ mpg too, but yes there's going to be repairs, so get a good warranty.

The transmission is a joke on the C6, it's so notchy and stiff with a long throw. For 2008 they've supposedly overhauled it.

Lately the car won't even shift into 1st at 1 out of 5 stoplights. I tried bringing it to the dealer and they said they'd have to schedule me an appt for another week, as they've ALREADY GOT 4 C6's IN THEIR SHOP with transmission issues!

As far as Austin, TX goes, lately it seems the nicer area are intertwined with the moderate areas, as Austin is in a big state of change at the moment. Downtown, they're putting up hi rise condo's in 30 story buildings, priced from $500K-$1mil. For other big cities this wouldn't raise and eyebrow but for TX and Austin that's fairly unheard of this far inland.

This is beginning to trickle out into the areas around downtown, so that anything within 5-10 minutes of downtown is now priced higher. Austin is still cheap to live compared to any other big city, but the rest of TX talks about how 'expensive' Austin is like it's San Francisco or something!

The traffic here is turning into madness. It is as bad as LA or San Diego, as they didn't design the roads here for the number of people that have moved here. So if you're moving here to work downtown, you'll want to live as close as possible to downtown.

And Murci - as far as nicer more affluent areas in North Austin there's Steiner Ranch, and in South Austin there is Circle C ranch. These are where the nicer homes are ($300-$400K range) except they're on the same lot sizes as any other homes in Austin. This looks so odd to me! Many other cities bigger more expensive homes sit on bigger and more expensive lots. So if you're looking within reasonable distance of the city center - be prepared to reach out and touch your neighbor's house!

Those neighborhoods are still close enough to downtown that if that's where you're going to work, you could still get there everyday, altough in traffic. If you want to live downtown there's some big condo developments going in as I mentioned, including a high rise of condos the Four Seasons in developing.

If you don't have to work downtown, there's always Pflugerville and Round Rock, which are bit further away but you'll get way more for your money, and there are many nice neighborhoods there too. Austin real estate is zoning is so complex, I would say when you're ready to come looking PM me.

As cost of living and real estate here is priced less than similar size big cities around the country, you can get one heck of a house and still have plenty of dough left over for cool toyz like the Viper!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks Great, I absolutely love that color combo. I just picked up a 2004 Black, is getting shipped here in a couple days so I haven't even been able to drive it yet :( Anyway welcome to the elite car club.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPERDUDE...Awesome looking car. So glad you went with stripes...really makes the car!

Ask any of the Austin area folks...the Austin area has a great club and supportive network of folks who make owning your Viper easy and a blast!

Check your PM's :)

OP
OP
V

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone asked me if I went to UT (college here in Austin). Basically commenting on the color scheme of the car. Made me laugh, as I hadn't thought about that. Maybe I'll throw some longhorns graphics on the back window come football season!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery