VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have just purchased a N.O.S. 99' Viper GTS ACR from a dealer in alaska. I am looking forward to gaining alot of knowledge from this forum and its members.

OP
OP
V

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to drive it 150 miles to pick it up and then turn around and drive back 150 miles on a pitch black twisty highway from about midnight to 2:30 am today.
It was fun, and I liked it better than my corvette I used to own. The steering is precise and it corners unbelievably. I was more worried about a large moose suddenly lumbering onto the highway as I was driving home. It happens often enough(here in alaska) that just knowing that helped keep me wide awake!

Any Viper is hard to come by up here in alaska. (only two dealers had one each, with one not being a place I will visit. That just left one to look at) I was saving up to buy one next year. But as soon as I saw the newer design,
I thought I had better get what I could find, as I definitely did not like the Japanese influenced styling at all. The viper will no longer looked unique.

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Some would argue that '99 was a particularly great year due to the engine change made for '00 and beyond (check the archives for the "cast" vs "forged" debate). When you get bored in the winter, take a look at the Site Sponsors link on the home page as you might want to add a few trim items from MGW, get some good polish from Zaino or other goodies from some of the other fine Site Sponsors.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AKViper:
screwed me on some hummer business<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

.....since you're a Newbie I'll let that one go, just be better prepared next time.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AKViper,
Welcome and Congrats!!
BURNOUT.gif

Do you need snow tires!
laugh.gif

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 94BEAST:
Hey dont forget me, I'm new too!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome!!!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
.....since you're a Newbie I'll let that one go, just be better prepared next time.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AK: Welcome aboard, and don't be dismayed by "these" fellow members/Viper enthusiasts. As you post here more often you'll find there's a "special" group that entertains all of us (mostly in the Snake Pit forum). They're like close family; they'll tear you apart at your (posting) faults but (as a member of the Viper Nation) it will ALWAYS be in good fun. They'll also destroy any "foreign foes" that may choose to criticize YOU. Can't have a better group watching your back.

You'll find this is a heck of a site for anything and everything Viper!!!

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the Viper community. This board will save you hours of time by getting some good answers to your questions. The problem though is they have good answers for spending your money on mods as well. Good luck to you all.

OP
OP
V

VENM8R

Viper Owner
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bonkers:
.....since you're a Newbie I'll let that one go, just be better prepared next time.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I did not understand if the wording offended you or I wasn't supposed to use the word you quoted from me so I edited it.
smile.gif