New Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tire Sizes - Gen 3

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the super sports just feel much better, and if they last more than 10k I will be very happy thats what I got out of the p2.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great to hear! Tough to think they're much of an improvement, the PS2s are a great tire. I'm excited.

My excitement was confirmed today. Got the PSS mounted finally, and WOW they're a world of a difference.

Everything is improved. I would say my traction in a straight line is improved a good bit, but the handling, comfort and noise is significantly improved.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be careful when comparing old tires to new ones. The only real way to compare would be a brand new set of PS2s against a brand new set of Pilot Super Sports, back-to-back. Not saying the PSS isn't an improved tire-- it's just that changing to a new set of the same tire can also improve handling, ride, and even tire noise.

Reaction score
You can see all the available sizes here:

http://michelinman.com/tire-selector/name/pilot-super-sport-tires#techspec_table

Unfortunately, the 295/30-18 (stock ACR front) is not available for Super Sport - at least not yet. We have had a number of folks comment on how much they like these vs. their previous tires, but some of that is very likely going from old to new. Regardless, the head-to-head comparisons out there really seem to favor this latest tire from Michelin.

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually put a set of the new supersports on a gen 4 acr yet? My acr will change lanes with you on the interstate when you are around 80 with the cup tires. I am ready to get a different tire.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone actually put a set of the new supersports on a gen 4 acr yet? My acr will change lanes with you on the interstate when you are around 80 with the cup tires. I am ready to get a different tire.

It sounds like you might need to check the front toe setting. The Viper gets twitchy with as little as a tenth degree of toe out. The toe out helps the car turn in quickly on the track, but is not great for stability on the highway. Suspension settings are a series of compromises interrupted by other compromises (*weighted by the intended major usage of the vehicle). Rear toe could also be off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang