New MODS Installed (Wheels, Coilovers, Tint)

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I haven't posted much lately, been very busy with work.

Over the last couple weeks, I've had a few mods installed so I took a few minutes when I got home from work today.

Mods since you last saw:

iFORGED VARIANT Wheels
CHROME FINISH
20x10.5" - 2.5" lip
20x13.0" - 4.0" lip
NITTO INVO TIRES
285/25-20
345/25-20
KW v2 COILOVER SUSPENSION
50% TINT ON ALL WINDOWS (Incl. Windshield)

The single most important mod would have to be KW coilovers, they totally transformed the car. No longer does the front end shoot up like roller coaster when you floor it. The OEM suspension in these cars should be damn near illegal. I never ever felt truly secure and comfortable to explore the capabilities of this car until the night I got the coils installed. I think every new VIPER owner should get a VCA card, non run-flat tires, and KW coilovers before the first fill up!! lol

I can see the reason they use these on the 08 ACR's. Of course for more ******** stuff there is MOTONs, but I have used KW in the past and I wanted to stick to what I was familar with.

The NITTO INVO tires were a no brainer for me, because I put them on my OEM wheels and love them. Great traction even in cold weather, good ride and very predictable breakaway when they start to spin / slide. Death to run-craps :)

As far as the wheels go, I know the norm for our cars is 19/20". I personally can never get around the look of a smaller front tire and wheel, so I went 20/20". I was worrried about it being too tall, but my front tire is now actually a smidge SHORTER than the OEM 275/35-18. I have no fender rubbing issues anywhere and I've put about 1000 miles on these wheels.

Here's a few pics

You must be registered for see images

Viper GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very very nice, Excellent combo , brings out the car . :omg:

Looks Dam grate and so smoth, :2tu:

Now i hate my viper gts thank you :crazy2:

My i ask how much did the rims and tires cost ? and where did you get them ? did you add any wheel spacers ? please ? :rolleyes:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks good...usually 20's look to big in the front but that looks real nice...rubber bands:D

SM1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow awesome set of mods it looks beautiful!!! :2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice setup. Looks great. Just becareful it looks awefully low. You may get some rubbing in the rear fender wells.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks GREAT!

Question, should the front wheels be switched? The spokes seem to be in opposing directions on each side.

viperfuntime

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sharp. Love the stance in the one shot taken from the passenger rear looking forward. Looks very, very mean!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that really looks nice. I love it lowered with the 20's all around, really makes it look great.

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DII, I'm finally glad to see that someone other than myself got the 20/20 package. I have the same package on my 04 Mamba(White) w/ Motons and I'm very happy for you.....Enjoy!!!!

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice setup. Looks great. Just becareful it looks awefully low. You may get some rubbing in the rear fender wells.

I have no rubbing whatsover and I have driven the car over humps at a rather "spirited" pace. (if you get my drift ;):drive:)

Thanks for the kind words!! I have followed your cars progress for a while now!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very very nice, Excellent combo , brings out the car . :omg:

Looks Dam grate and so smoth, :2tu:

Now i hate my viper gts thank you :crazy2:

My i ask how much did the rims and tires cost ? and where did you get them ? did you add any wheel spacers ? please ? :rolleyes:

lol no need to hate your GTS, justa few mods to make her more special.

My company sells iFORGED Wheels so i got them from myself! :D Also, there are no spacers,or any other fender / wheelwell modifications needed. Just mounted them, aligned and drove!

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks good...usually 20's look to big in the front but that looks real nice...rubber bands:D

Yeah, the only way to even consider the 20" front wheel is the proper aspect ratio, other wise you end up with a Viper truck instead of a Viper car! lol

Thanks for the comps man, I read alot of your posts when I was researching this car.

That looks GREAT!

Question, should the front wheels be switched? The spokes seem to be in opposing directions on each side.

I have to check that out, directional wheels always play tricks on the eye!

Very sharp. Love the stance in the one shot taken from the passenger rear looking forward. Looks very, very mean!

Thanks, I took that pic from a low vantage to capture the "lowness" of the car!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
DII, I'm finally glad to see that someone other than myself got the 20/20 package. I have the same package on my 04 Mamba(White) w/ Motons and I'm very happy for you.....Enjoy!!!!

Yeah man, when you posted the pics of your car for sale, I was like "Holy Crap he beat me to the punch with 20/20" and a slam!" LOL

Your car is a smidge lower than mine in the rear though I think. This is as low as you can get with the KW's, but I'm very satisfied with them overall.

Thanks for the kind words, your car looks amazing.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, the only way to even consider the 20" front wheel is the proper aspect ratio, other wise you end up with a Viper truck instead of a Viper car! lol

Thanks for the comps man, I read alot of your posts when I was researching this car.

cool......glad to know some of my post are actually useful:D

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the wheels alot, but I am old fashioned I guess because I like to see a little more tire black. From some angles it almost looks like you don't have tires on. Maybe that's the in thing these days, just not for me. Great ride and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest. :)

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
looks Bad ***! i want those wheels too in blk!!

Hey man thanks, the wheels are great, I'm in Bklyn alot and they have passed the pothole test!! lol

If you still have the springs and caps on you should really give the KW's a try. I know you probably drive alot of the highways that I do (VanWyck, Belt Pkwy, Jackie Rob), the KW's will really make you more secure and you will be able to put your power down alot better.

I got mine from JonB at PartsRack, I'm sure you know him well. ;):D

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like the wheels alot, but I am old fashioned I guess because I like to see a little more tire black. From some angles it almost looks like you don't have tires on. Maybe that's the in thing these days, just not for me. Great ride and I hope you enjoy it to the fullest. :)

Yeah, I hear ya. When I got them on the first day I was like wow i have no front tire, but now I love it. If I need more rubber I can always go down to a 10" front wheel.

The rear wheel still has some nice meat on it.

604SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I can't get over how nuts your car looks!!! I was thinking about selling my car now I'm thinking perhaps it needs to be moded out!!!! Do you have any side view pics with top up and windows up???? :2tu::2tu:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to hear. What spring rates are you running? These genIIIs are that much better with a new coilover adjustable suspension.

I have no rubbing whatsover and I have driven the car over humps at a rather "spirited" pace. (if you get my drift ;):drive:)

Thanks for the kind words!! I have followed your cars progress for a while now!

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good to hear. What spring rates are you running? These genIIIs are that much better with a new coilover adjustable suspension.

The KW's are a little different than the MOTON's in this regard. The spring rates are not variable, they have a set spring rate and damper rate that they use (that being said,I have no idea what it is).

Much better is not even the word, its literally like night and day. I have never driven a SRT-10 with springs, so I can not report on their effectiveness. With that being said, I really do think all new SRT-10 owners should get coiovers.

I got my coils on 2 or 3 days before the wheels, and that night on the way home I drove the car more aggressively than I ever had, it just felt soooo planted.

OP
OP
D

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Modified right, the verts look very good. Stock, I can't stand them. Nice job:)

Thanks alot, I saw alot of posts where people said the 'vert didn't look right with 20/20" so I wanted to change that.

I appreciate the kind words!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang