New owner, couple of questions(02 convertable)

phantred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, the brakes. They squeek, and it's killing me. I had the dealership repalce the front breaks and check the back(which cost me $600)

back was still squeeking so I replaced them myself.

STILL squeeks:( Not all the time, but especially when I am going REALLY slow like through a parking lot, and then stop, or if I am backing out of a parking spot and hit the breaks. It's really embarrassing. Any ideas?

also, heater only blows from the lower vents, that's normal right?

last but not least - an opinion question. Corsa, borla, or other? Looking for loud and head turning, but not obnoxious.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont have OEM brakes, but I have heard they do squeak a lot. Heat only coming from lower vents in normal. Noway to make it blow out the face vents. Exhaust wise, I cut my muffler off which I love. But, installing highflow cats this week, to get more obnoxious :)

p.s.--Welcome aboard!

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The heater is working correctly.... that's just the way they are. A/C out of the other vents.

Go with Balenger (sp) exhaust.

As for the brakes, the compond that gives you the good stopping also gives you squeeks. You will find some after market pads do better than stock with the squeeks. I'm sure a vender will step up and help with the squeek issue.

OP
OP
P

phantred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks guys, on the exhaust, if you could let me know why you recommend them, I would appreciate it.

Added horsepower\best sound, whatever the reason may be.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my stock brakes squeaked until they had over 10k miles on them. get used to it... part of viper ownership. or change 'em to EBC greens. try the SEARCH button and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know about this topic.

good luck, and welcome to the site!

JD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960