New owner here.

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got a 06 vert last night. I went to a Chevy/Chrysler dealer to check out a deal on deep discounted new 09 Z06 that I wanted.

When I went into the showroom there set a pristine Viper with only 4K on the clock.

I forgot all about the Vette and took the Viper home.

You must be registered for see images attach

Drove it 200 miles today. Stopped at park over looking the Mississippi River and had a picnic lunch with my wife.

Very pleased with it. I can describe my drive today. It was a brute!

vipernut94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the club! While driving a Corvette may make people feel pretty cool, driving a Viper will make you feel like a "Rock Star" :headbang:

I'm not trying to put down Corvettes, because I actually like the Z06, but there is just nothing that compares to driving a Viper. Enjoy your new toy - it looks great!!!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good pick. You have the best and fastest color out there :D So the question is what are the first mods going to be? I take it is stock? Exhaust upgrade will give it the sound it should of came with.

FLATOUT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Way to go Man!

I came from a Z06 to my Viper and I can tell you that you will be happy with the choice.

The IT factor of the Viper far outshines the Vette. Your gonna love the car congrats man!

Andy Wheeler:2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!! I saw your post/picture in the "Post a pic of your SRT"...and I wrote back 'is that an '05'? lol...HEY, as long as it's BLACK, you've got a BADASP VIPER there! (We also upgraded from Z06 to Viper in 2004 with a new 2005 BLACK SRT). Remember to private message your VIN# to lee00blacksilvergts or kcobean to UPGRADE ya to VIPER OWNER! And, of course, I'd be remiss if I didn't encourage you to JOIN the Viper Club Region near you! You can do so by calling 1-800-998-1110, have your VIN# handy and what region you'd like to join! WELCOME and ENJOY!!!! ~juli

OP
OP
L

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
In my excitement I forgot to say that it was an 06. I will get the VIN in. In the Quad City area where I live there is only one other Viper that I have seen in the past seven years since I moved here when I retired. It was sold new at a dealer in Iowa. The couple that had it keep it immaculate. The salesman that sold it to them and took in on trade for a Lincoln Navigator had all the documents for it including a copy of the original title and shipping papers in a binder. I like having that stuff.

The first mod that I am considering is changing the rear axle ratio. And a very minor change to eliminate the skip shift. That's all I need. Maybe the exhaust. That would be all I need. And maybe--------:)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my excitement I forgot to say that it was an 06. I will get the VIN in. In the Quad City area where I live there is only one other Viper that I have seen in the past seven years since I moved here when I retired. It was sold new at a dealer in Iowa. The couple that had it keep it immaculate. The salesman that sold it to them and took in on trade for a Lincoln Navigator had all the documents for it including a copy of the original title and shipping papers in a binder. I like having that stuff.

The first mod that I am considering is changing the rear axle ratio. And a very minor change to eliminate the skip shift. That's all I need. Maybe the exhaust. That would be all I need. And maybe--------:)
You say that is all you need now then next thing you know it has a paxton and a ton of other mods. Dont worry its a sickness we all get :D

jimchris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great to see another Viper in the Quad City area, I'm east of the QC a few miles(Geneseo). I found that the skip shift is no big deal, just don't try to shift if the light is on. Hope to see ya out and about some day. If you see a black/silver gen 4 that's me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang