New Owner

1RT2NV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, I have finally decided to post my first message since buying my first Viper last week. Its been a whirlwind past three weeks as my wife and I first started looking at getting a viper to me researching extensively (with most of it being on this message board, thanks to all who post such knowledge of their Vipers)about Vipers and looking at Vipers. My wife and I really love the Gen 1 looks and side exhaust and decided on a 1995 Black RT/10 with only 14,000 miles. We picked up the car last weekend (1 week ago) and I am so giddy and now obsessed with this car my wife doesn't know what to do! This is as much her dream car as mine but she thinks I have gone overboard! I can't stop looking at the car, can't stop touching the car, can't stop wiping the dust off the car and can't stop driving the car. What an automobile! Anyway, I have already ordered K&N's/smooth tubes and a Roe 3" side exhaust. Can't wait to get them all on. Just wanted to share my excitement with everyone and I am looking forward to posting and replying many times on this board.

By the way, my neighbor has a 2003 Porsche 911 Turbo and I have already beaten him in a race. It was close, but got him by about 3/4length. I was actually surprised with my car being all stock! Just thought I would share.

1RT2NV
TEXAS :laugh:

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new purchase!

Welcome to an entire different world, that of the Viper!

My first Viper was a 1995 Black RT/10, I loved it!

Let's see some pics!

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't stop looking at the car, can't stop touching the car, can't stop wiping the dust off the car and can't stop driving the car. What an automobile!
1RT2NV
TEXAS :laugh:

I know that feeling all too well. Congratulations and welcome to Viper Nation! :cool:

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations!
I still remember that feeling when I bought my first Viper. I went out to the garage several times a day to look at it and always checked on it one last time before I went to bed. Now I have 3 of them and I still do it,although not as often.

So, you've had the car 1 week and you are already racing Porsches. Be careful man. You need a lot of seat time in these cars before you really know what they are about. I don't want to read any posts about you finding yourself wrapped around a pole or in a ditch.

Welcome to the Viper experience.
Bob K

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats, :) well i still have the same feeling :D enjoy your Sanke and drive safe, Mbn

S

SUN RA KAT

Congratulations! Soon you will discover you're driving your Viper more than your daily driver.

Once you learn the car, Sean Roe is coming out with his supercharger system for the Gen I Vipers very soon...

Make sure you really learn the car before getting it though...

OP
OP

1RT2NV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Believe me I have been warned several times about "learning" the car and I am doing my best to do so. Its definitely a beast! I used to take my Mustang GT's and Corvettes out on ice when we would have that kind of weather here in North Texas just to have fun and to learn how to drive/steer the car when the back end takes off in one direction. I would never consider doing this in the Viper however. Its too beautiful of car to take that chance.

1 Bad Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off great choice in Color and year. Second make sure you join up with us at Pappas the second saturday of the month it is a great time.

OP
OP

1RT2NV

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks 1 Bad Snake and ViperJoe. Snake, looking forward to coming to Pappas and meeting everybody. ViperJoe, I already have sent the VCA my $$ and application. Just got my membership #.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it easy.Do some research on mods.When your wife objects,cool it a little,but remind her that the only girlfriend you will ever be interested in is sitting in the garage. Bruce