New purchase: 'drop ship' it??

Brad04Mamba

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: New purchase: \'drop ship\' it??

I live in Calif also, bought my viper from Bill at Woodhouse in Nebraska. The only additional cost was $1300 shipping. It was prepped at Woodhouse and shipped to my door in an enclosed trailer. The shipping cost was still well below what I could have got from my local dealer. I kind of agree with Fred, that if Claude Short can match Woodhouses price then buy from them, you save on shipping and you don't have to hassel with the DMV (sorry Bill). I bought my 2000 Durango from Sherman at Claude Short sight unseen, and he had it delivered to my door 250 miles away at no charge (not enclosed but hey, its a Durango). If you have any other questions email me.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Drop shipping is done quite often I have done one drop ship delivery for Mr.Pemberton and getting set up for another one and this mostly because I could not get the car my customer wanted and he had them avaiable.The car would come straight from caaps to the delivering dealer the selling dealer will never see the car.The only added cost would be whatever the drop ship dealer charges for doing the paper work Chrysler pays for the prep.If you do decided to do this go and meet the tech at the dealer first and let him know what your plans are and see what kind of responce you get from him.The way I look at it I don't care where it came from they all get treated with the same upmost care and respect.Tom

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is interesting rod, let me know how it goes. I'm trying to buy a PT Cruiser for my mother but the local dealership seems to think they need to take delivery here and ship it themselves to where my mother lives. Seems like it would be much easier to do the drop ship thing but apparently that requires a higher IQ than my local dealership can muster combining their sales staff.

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could be a bad idea. I had one of the first quad cabs held "hostage" by a local dealer.
You must be registered for see images
They wanted an extra $500 to deliver it once it got here. I didn't even try it with the Viper.

Reaction score

I suggest you buy your car from Claude Short Dodge in Santa Montica. Call Sherman Austin. Good pricing and good service. I live in the Bay Area and flew to LAX (short ride to Santa Montica) and drove home. I have purchased 4 Vipers 2 from the LA area and 2 from the Greater Bay Area. Autoworld in Petluma once had a great fleet manager (bought 2 Vipers and a Jeep from him, no longer works there). The last one was from Claude Short and they are good!(price and service). Bob Woodhouse is a great person and from all reports a great dealership. If I lived closer I would buy from Bob just because of his good nature. Price is important but do not over look service.

rhansenjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have bought four cars this way without a problem. The last was a Durango from Mark Roberts Motors. He will sell you a Viper at dealer cost. Call @ 800 375 5377 and ask for Mark. He'll tell you how it works. If nothing else, it gives you a good negotiating position with your dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4